2012 Citra at Nikobrew VERY soon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikobrew

Reaction score
We should have it in about a week and in 2oz packs to full pounds. The price will be much lower than it was from the 2011 crop. We have lots coming :) These are still expected to go quickly, so I will give plenty of advance notice so you know when to hit the site and order yours. Thanks folks!
-----
*UPDATE* - Tomorrow morning (Saturday 9/22) at 9am MST we will be offering a limited supply of full pounds and 2oz packs of Citra. Full pounds will be $27/each and 2oz packs will be $4/each. We expect this to last about an hour, maybe two.

At the same time we will be offering a limited amount of 2010 crop Amarillo like we did on Cyber Monday, at $25/lb. On Cyber Monday the same amount lasted an hour.

On sale will be (until 9am MST Xmas Eve):
2011 Crop Centennial - Was $27.50/lb will be $24

As always shipping is just $5 for ANY amount of hops to be shipped to ANY address in the US including AK, HI and APO/FPO addresses. International shipping is just $18 USD for up to 3 1/2 pounds of mixed increments and 4 full single pounds.

Thanks folks!

Sorry, no pre orders. We try to avoid extended shipping delays and that has generally guaranteed it for us in the past. You can keep an eye on HBT, our Facebook, Twitter, or get on our email newsletter list on any page of http://www.NikoBrew.com to be notified just before and then as soon as it's online.

How much would it cost to order a pound to Beijing??

Excellent question! Our international rate is $18 USD for every 3 1/2 pounds of mixed increments or 4 full single pounds. The price per pound of Citra will be available when it's online. I know that doesn't give you 100% of the info you want without the price of Citra, but stay tuned.

Can't have too much Citra. Whipped up a Galaxy/Summit pale ale with Nikobrew hops yesterday. 10 gallons of sweet smelling nectar will be flowing through my taps in a few weeks!

Update: Warehouse Enforcer Scott just got back from vacation yesterday. He was due back a bit sooner but due to the storm in Oregon/Washington, he stayed for a bit longer (let's face it, he deserved the extra day). That being said, we should be ready to list the Citra Friday or Saturday, at 10am MST. We also have a couple other varieties to put on sale at the same time. As soon as the day is confirmed (Friday or Saturday) I will post here so you can plan accordingly, thanks!

Do you know how much they will be going up for? Also, do you have an idea of what the other hops that you will be tossing up with it?

I was a big fan of the Apollo hops I got from you guys a couple weeks ago... For anyone that hasn't used them... they don't mess around when it comes to shipping and get them in the mail quickly from my experience... with that said don't buy all the citra before I have a chance! :ban::ban:

The other varieties on sale will be Centennial, Hallertauer, and Warrior (2011 crop).

We're also breaking open another box of 2010 Amarillo (stored properly at -5f in mylar, it's still fresh and delicious!) like we did Cyber Monday. It will be $25/lb and we have a very limited amount, once it's gone it's gone.

The Citra price will be announced once I've confirmed when the sale will start. It will be much less than we sold it for from the 2011 crop as our cost is lower on it this year. We will have a limited amount of Citra available during this offering but will not be limiting each customer.

Thanks!

OK folks, I updated the original post to include timing and pricing details, cheers!

I just updated the original post again, I just removed Hallertauer and Warrior from the sale, sorry for the inconvenience, we had our stock wiped out and it will be a short while until we get it back in.

Citra sold out in 5 minutes, and we have 2 pounds left of 2010 Amarillo as of of this post.

****ty if you ask me. Don't hype a special and then start selling before you say you are taking orders. If it sold out and you started taking orders at 10:00 MST that is one thing.

****ty if you ask me. Don't hype a special and then start selling before you say you are taking orders. If it sold out and you started taking orders at 10:00 MST that is one thing.

agreed. disappointing.

Yeah, it'd be one thing if there weren't all these posts counting down to when the sale would start. I imagine there was a lack of communication between the OP and the folks who actually put it live on the Internet. Was just kind of a waste of time.

I have always been happy with nikobrew. Great prices and $5 shipping. The hops are well packaged, and I will continue to buy hops there. It is disappointing to see the citra gone before the sale was scheduled to start. Libeerty is probably right as to what happened.

I see that the OP now says 9:00 am MST, I swear it said 10:00 am before. If I'm wrong the I have nothing to complain about.

I am SO sorry guys, I made a mistake. It began at 9am MST and I mistakingly put up 10am. I know this typo got a lot of people up before they planned on, and more importantly people missed out on something that they wanted.

I am the original poster, and the person who makes the sale live. I personally do everything except for package hops and fulfill orders.

To help make up for this, I will do a special release for HBT members only at the same price, after we fulfill all the orders we just took in (I don't want you to have to wait an extended period of time to get your hops). Stay tuned to this thread, my family and I are going to my inlaws for a week and going out the door right now and when I get there I'll come up with the format for the HBT only offering. Sorry guys/gals.

I am SO sorry guys, I made a mistake. It began at 9am MST and I mistakingly put up 10am. I know this typo got a lot of people up before they planned on, and more importantly people missed out on something that they wanted.

I am the original poster, and the person who makes the sale live. I personally do everything except for package hops and fulfill orders.

To help make up for this, I will do a special release for HBT members only at the same price, after we fulfill all the orders we just took in (I don't want you to have to wait an extended period of time to get your hops). Stay tuned to this thread, my family and I are going to my inlaws for a week and going out the door right now and when I get there I'll come up with the format for the HBT only offering. Sorry guys/gals.

Fair enough.

I like the quick response to this thread. :ban:

I just registered but hopefully I too can take part in the HBT sale on Citra. I got an email a couple days ago from a friend who is on this board.

"Tomorrow morning (Saturday 9/22) at 10am MST we will be offering a limited supply of full pounds and 2oz packs of Citra. Full pounds will be $27/each and 2oz packs will be $4/each. We expect this to last about an hour, maybe two.

www.nikobrew.com"

Today at 11:45am EST (I'm in Maryland) I logged into Nikobrew to buy a pound of citra. Like the rest of you I was suprised to see that all the pounds were sold out before the sale was to even start.
Props to Nikobrew for trying to make this right. I'm in awe of the fact that some of these varieties are this hard to get a hold of. I understand it, I just can't believe how fast they're going.

Nikobrew said:

This is awesome. Is it just for Citra or will Amarillo also be offered?

This is awesome. Is it just for Citra or will Amarillo also be offered?

Sorry, no on the 2010 Amarillo. I only had a couple boxes of it and sold one on Cyber Monday and the second last Saturday. I will have 2011 crop Amarillo in 2oz packs soon, though since I paid a ton for them the price will be $5.50/2oz pack.

The Citra for HBT will be the same price it was Saturday, I just won't advertise it anywhere but here. I expect to offer the Citra to you folks in about a week. Warehouse Enforcer Scott busted his butt to get just about all the orders from this weekend shipped. To put it into perspective altogether we went through about 150 pounds of hops in about an hour, and most of that was within the first five minutes. And by no means am I complaining about that :) Just saying offerings like this cause a huge influx of orders and I want to make sure we can keep up.

Thanks folks, and Merry Xmaseve! I'm at my inlaws right now and we're taking our 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old boys to see Santa in a few hours. I know some of you remember me talking about Little Niko several years back. He's the oldest who was born 3 months after I started Nikobrew.

Cheers!

Back