Backyard Bar - The Copper Cantina

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingrider2

Reaction score
We have an Irish Red fermenting but in the meantime, I just wanted to share some photos of my backyard bar. Called the Copper Cantina as it has a copper bar top, this
11 X 7 bar features a commercial keg refrigerator that will hold three half-barrels. With 4 Taps, we can dispense a lot of beer. I built the bar after I retired and what started out as a simple storage shed - it has evolved. For construction photos - go to WWW.NUTZNBOLTS.COM and follow the links.

image-3482878242.jpg

image-25074282.jpg

image-1987214022.jpg

What a great bar! If I gave you a hundred bucks would you build one for me? I love the TV and the computer set up.

Actually, there are two televisions - one sits above the taps behind a picture. When we have a crowd, both TV's are showing games. There is a computer that can also show on the larger screen(s) along with wireless or wired connections. there is a stainless sink under the bar top and a small reefer for soft drinks and water along with an 18 bottle dual-zone wine fridge. Music is via IPod or iPad or via the computer. the bar is monitored by CCTV. The building itself cost me about $3K to build. The siding is TREX deck boards. It's been a lot of fun!

Your bar looks awesome! I dig the "we're closed" window roller. Your bar looks like a concession stand at a resort pool or something. Very well done!

bobeer said:
Your bar looks awesome! I dig the "we're closed" window roller. Your bar looks like a concession stand at a resort pool or something. Very well done!

Thank you! It was initially going to be a storage shed so I put in a large walk-in roll-up door in for egress and then I got to thinking... Hummmm... Maybe another roll-up for a little bar and the idea was hatched for the Cantina. Of course, I still have a storage issue but this is a cool backyard bar. I live on a golf course so it's a great place to sit and watch a game on the TV or watch the players going though. You might be surprised at the number of 'friends' who just happen to shag a ball over near my fence....

You live on a golf course and they let you have a shed (anything) in your backyard? Not in FL they won't lol

Back