3 floyds yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KuntzBrewing

Reaction score
Has anyone ever harvest the yeast from artic panzer wolf? 3 Floyd's is my absolute favorite brewery. I'm wondering if anyone has ever harvested this yeast and can compare it to any other yeast? It seems pretty low to moderate flocculation and very fruity. Just wondering

safale s-04 or any english ale yeast with high flocculation and moderate attenuation. thats at least what ive found so far, just did a alpha king clone and its pretty spot on

Try calling them to ask what yeast they use. Most small breweries won't hesitate to tell you.

However, I think kaips1 is right that they use a neutral English yeast for their brews and it just may be Saf-04. They may use 1056/US-05 in some as well, but I seem to remember hearing that it's Saf-04 elsewhere.

Try calling them to ask what yeast they use. Most small breweries won't hesitate to tell you.

However, I think kaips1 is right that they use a neutral English yeast for their brews and it just may be Saf-04. They may use 1056/US-05 in some as well, but I seem to remember hearing that it's Saf-04 elsewhere.

Everything I've read or heard is 3 Floyds is of little help on their brews.

Everything I've read or heard is 3 Floyds is of little help on their brews.

Considering my experiences when going there, I wouldn't be surprised. The "brewpub" portion, even with the expansion, is horribly inadequate. And the first DLD I went to could only be described as a cluster****. The 2012 DLD was great, so maybe after 15 years they've figured it out.

I have yet to understand why they only brew dark lord for one day release. The price per bottle is high but the sales are not extreme. Even though they are only allowed to brew 35,000bbl in indiana they could cut brews that arent high sellers and release darklord as a seasonal

God know Gorch Fock, Munster Fest, and some other seasonals are not big hits, (while both are extremely good for the style)

I have yet to understand why they only brew dark lord for one day release. The price per bottle is high but the sales are not extreme. Even though they are only allowed to brew 35,000bbl in indiana they could cut brews that arent high sellers and release darklord as a seasonal

It's all marketing. He claims that he can't get enough of the ingridients to make more but nothing increases demand for something, especially among beer geeks like exclusivity.

The price for their standard dark lord, 15 bucks per bomber is the same as a lot of their large format bottles.

I'm working on harvesting yeast from a panzer wolf now, if anything comes of it I'll update the thread...

Latest posts

Back