Adding fruit juice to fermented beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paraordnance

Reaction score
I'm trying to make some fruit beer here and was wondering if anyone had experience adding real fruit juice to already fermented beer. Searched here and online and don't find much :( from first hand experience. I making this one on ladies request based on "Fruli" strawberry beer. Fruli states that they use Belgian Wit as a base (I will be using stronger version of SWMBO Slayer which is technically same) and they add 25% by volume (seems like a lot!) of strawberry juice. I'm thinking to do the same, may be less juice, like a quart or two. I don't want my juice or additional sugars to ferment out, so I was thinking to keep my Blonde below 40F in keg and consume it within a month right from the tap. Will it work? My Belgian Blone is fairly dry as is (from 1.057 down to 1.008) so little sweetness on background not going to hurt.

Anybody with real life experience on adding juice to the beer? Any precautions or advices?

That should work, but you could go the campden/sorbate route if you wanted to make sure the yeast was dead. I’ve had a number of beers from homebrewers and brewpubs made like this that were alright, but the simple sugar always disrupts the balance for my tastes. Alternatively you could just do a mixed drink concept and have people blend in the juice to the glass at serving.

Back