Brewer's calendar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torque2k

Reaction score
Hello, lurker and beginner here. This forum has been extremely helpful in a hand-holding sort of way. I started brewing about twelve years ago with a knowledgeable buddy, but time and life got in the way of a great hobby. Now I'm finally ready to jump back into the pool, and I'm bringing a couple of neighbors with.

I searched a bit, but I'm on a slow connection in Mackinac Island region of Northern Michigan this week. What I'm trying to find is a kind of brewer's calendar showing when to start brewing certain kinds of beer. Like, start your Oktoberfest around July 15, and porters are great to start in August, IPAs are fine year-round. Is there anything like this on HBT or elsewhere?

Thanks again for a great knowledge base!
Dan

I don't really know of a calendar, but I've heard that Oktoberfest beers should be started back in March, I have no experience with this however....

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It seems that this would be good info to collect for those just getting into the hobby. It would be nice to have a seasonal beer ready for friends to try when they're actually in season.

Here is a link for what looks to be a good start.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/beer-calendar-96533/

Thanks much, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I can't believe I couldn't find that on the site, but like I said, I was stuck surfing at dialup speeds on an iPhone... I gave up pretty easily, I'll admit.

Instead of graphic images, I wonder if this could be added to the wiki in text form, so that it's searchable... If it's OK with you, McKBrew, I'd like to check into that, and reproduce your tables with your name attributed to it with the original post link. Yes?

Whoops, sorry wild, I was looking at the wrong thread! Yes, that'd be great to have those Excel files. I'll PM you.

Back