Funny story . . .sort off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
Through a non-beer blog I met another guy a few months ago that was also a brewer, more of a fermentor making wine beer sauerkraut mead and so forth.

He also grew hops and asked if I wanted a few pounds of cascade. Of course.

I got them and brewed up what has become a great beer, a West Coast Blaster from Palmer's book.
westcoastblaster-copy.jpg

So I own him beer right? I give him a six pact and he takes it to Chicago for Thanksgiving and EVERYBODY loves it (how can you not love a 7.0% ABV beer). In fact his brother after drinking a bottle comments:

As told by Sean - "One of my brothers said "this is the best beer you've ever made!" Of course I had to remind him that I didn't make it. The conversation died for a few awkward minutes.

================
Maybe it's only funny to me as I can see myself saying something like that.

assuming the "few pounds" of cascade wasnt a typo you might owe him more than six. but you should definitely give him the recipe so the next time his brother compliments him it will be something he brewed.

Oh - just like the guy that gave me a Sub Zero refrigerator - he is in the pipe line of free brew.

problem is I'm not a big Cascade fan LOL

likewise my primary care provider -he saved my can, now I make sure his bottles stay full :) Never hurts to keep the right wheels greased.

From your profile " I try to keep plenty in bottles for family and friends"......Good man!! You will get your reward in beertopia!

Back