Agents raspberry cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agent44

Reaction score
Haven't made this yet, just waiting for my nottingham to come in, it's on back order.
4 gallons of Walmart brand apple juice
1 gallon of cran/raspberry cocktail ( no preservatives )
2 lt of raspberry cocktail
5 bags of Canadian breakfast tea
5 bags of raspberry zinger tea
One pound of sugar
Enough water to dissolve sugar
Nutrient
Peptic Enzyme
Frozen raspberries

I plan on boiling water and making a strong tisane with the tea, then dissolve sugar in the tea and add to primary. Then add all apple and cran/rasp juice on top of tea. Rehydrate the yeast and pitch. Let it ferment dry and rack onto thawed raspberries. I'm hoping for a dry tart raspberry flavor. I may consider adding the juice of a few key limes as that's what I have on hand for a little added acidity. Anyhow this hasn't started yet so I am open to any suggestions.

Well a couple days became longer, I just pitched the yeast an hour ago. According to my hydrometer this will end up around 6% seems about right for a cider.

image-3594341646.jpg

image-3066917246.jpg

Just racked over to secondary today on top of a pound and a half of frozen and thawed raspberries, the cider tastes amazing right now, even for how young it is, it's very smooth, on the dry side and goes down easy... Can't wait to carb up! I'll rack in a week or so and bottle with priming sugar. So exited to try this bubbly!

image-1724038879.jpg

My first experience with Notty, it was great, all the yeast stayed on the bottom of the bucket and didn't get disturbed by the racking, the cider is quite clear, and tastes nice. I'll post a pic of some in a glass tomorrow. Oh and a correction it was four and a half gallons of apple juice.

nice.. thinking of giving it a go. Have never made a cider before... Wanna try one for the upcoming holidays.

My first experience with Notty, it was great, all the yeast stayed on the bottom of the bucket and didn't get disturbed by the racking, the cider is quite clear, and tastes nice. I'll post a pic of some in a glass tomorrow. Oh and a correction it was four and a half gallons of apple juice.

Any update? and can you clarify "tastes nice"...is it sweet, semi, or dry?

Haha life has been busy so it's not bottled yet, I have it racked on a pound of raspberries right now, it needed a color boost, it has a nice raspberry flavor, but it is dry, that's how I like my cider, but I'm sure it would be tasty back sweetened. I just picked up my bottling sugar today, so i will bottle this week if all goes well. So far so good with this recipe, I'll post more info this week. :)

The other thing is I'm not set up for bottle pasteurization, I bottle in one liter swing tops, and I don't have a pot big enough to pasturize in unless I want to do one bottle at a time, no thanks :drunk: lol so if anyone make this and sweetens carbs and pasurizes, please post your results, I'm interested to hear your feedback!

Just bottled, really good, slightly tart and nice and dry, I bottle-carbed all but three bottles and was left with a nice glass full for my efforts :) very happy with the results!

image-148019593.jpg

image-2722197890.jpg

Latest posts

Back