My most fun/crazy brew session to date

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gridlocked

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have Northern Brewer and Brewing TV document my most fun/crazy/off the wall brew session to date, so I thought I would share. Paul, Bryon, my friend "Sparky" and I hauled my single tier out to the middle of a local lake this past January for an ice-fishing/brew day.

We took 1/2" electrical conduit and drilled holes in the ice with a masonry bit and made a wind-block with shrink wrap that we use in our warehouse for pallets. Set up two portable ice shacks and drilled a bunch of holes. I had planned on pumping lake water through my standard filter but the sump pump I brought didn't have enough power so I ditched the filter and we pumped natural, unfiltered lake water into our kettles.

We had an absolute BLAST, and I hope you enjoy the episode.

319407_407617685942055_199430963_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched that ice fishin/brewing video they had on youtube a little while ago. I was surprised at how good it came out. Cheers!

I'm the one in the black hooded sweatshirt that had a new hat on every 3 minutes. :D

HA! I agree jpmg, but I'm out there all the time in mine and people know me by my car so I couldn't be messing around too much.
I run an ice fishing league and fish that lake a fair bit so I had to be good.
There aren't many Subarus out there -most of the guys run around in trucks.

Back