Yooper Brewday this summer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think your Lovable Lab and our Loveable Lab would get along great if there were any chance in hell that I'd bring her on a week long pop-up camper vacation in the UP.

I wish I could make the 1,445 mile trek to brew with the master Yoop! I've never been to that part of the country and it sure looks pretty!

Glad to hear there will be a second annual! I had a great time last year except starting the day with a bit of a hangover and then once it wore off having to leave too early. I will bring a tent this year and spend the night.

Glad to hear there will be a second annual! I had a great time last year except starting the day with a bit of a hangover and then once it wore off having to leave too early. I will bring a tent this year and spend the night.

We can probably rustle up a bed for you, but if you like a tent, then of course you can do that.

Yooper said:
We can probably rustle up a bed for you, but if you like a tent, then of course you can do that.

Well I won't refuse a bed but I would not put anyone out. We will see when the time comes. Plus a night outdoors always seems to make me feel better in the morning;)

Or, invite your dad and use HIS car and gas! We like your dad, so that would be a win/win!

As you know I used to hunt in watersmeet with him when I was younger. That was many trips there and back with him and his ****ty driving. I would like to leave that behind me and not do it again thank you very much.

Hi Yooper, yeah, a brewday sounds great. Last years' was great times! Like Leon, I may have to pack a tent in the car this year myself.

As you know I used to hunt in watersmeet with him when I was younger. That was many trips there and back with him and his ****ty driving. I would like to leave that behind me and not do it again thank you very much.

Bob just told me that your dad apparently made it from the bridge to Watersmeet in three hours one time! I said, "But it's a five hour drive!" and Bob said your dad apparently went 80 miles on two-lane roads to get there. HAHAHA!

Bob just told me that your dad apparently made it from the bridge to Watersmeet in three hours one time! I said, "But it's a five hour drive!" and Bob said your dad apparently went 80 miles on two-lane roads to get there. HAHAHA!

Yes, we made it from GR to Watersmeet in under 8 hours in a one ton van pulling a 15 foot trailer. I tried to sleep most of the way. Figured if I was relaxed I was more likely to survive. lol

Looks like I'm out :( We have a cookout at our house that day apparently.

That's too bad. I wish I could make up there for the big party. We're still on for the week that Kim goes to MTU, and I doubt I could drive up for an additional weekend (but maybe I'll hint about wanting to go up there for the brewday too and see what happens. Maybe if I give backrubs and save up gas money I can afford to go, both financially and marriageally.) :cross:

That's too bad. I wish I could make up there for the big party. We're still on for the week that Kim goes to MTU, and I doubt I could drive up for an additional weekend (but maybe I'll hint about wanting to go up there for the brewday too and see what happens. Maybe if I give backrubs and save up gas money I can afford to go, both financially and marriageally.) :cross:

Homer, when are you going to Houghton?

So is there an official date? I browsed back 3 pages and didn't see it...

M_C

It's on the first or second page. August 6th I think, or the next weekend if that one doesn't work out.

Homer, when are you going to Houghton?

She's going up week of July 17th-23rd. We're probably going up the Friday before and coming back on Sunday after.

I have it on my calendar for August 6th. Last I talked with Yooper, she said there was not much interest and it probably would not happen. I hope thats not the case. It was a good time last year. Anyone out there actully willing to comit?

I want to go but it will depend on a few things.
The weather needs to be nice enough to ride the bike or I can't go because of the cost to drive my jeep that far.
Also I wife eill be returning from Uganda a day or two before this and she did not seem happy about me taking off right after she gets home, and she does not want to go.

The weather needs to be nice enough to ride the bike or I can't go because of the cost to drive my jeep that far.
Also I wife eill be returning from Uganda a day or two before this and she did not seem happy about me taking off right after she gets home, and she does not want to go.

Well that is slightly more commited than a "No":D I hope it works out for you and this thing still comes together.

Does she not like having fun? :confused:

<wink>

So is there an official date? I browsed back 3 pages and didn't see it...

M_C

I have it on my calendar for August 6th. Last I talked with Yooper, she said there was not much interest and it probably would not happen. I hope thats not the case. It was a good time last year. Anyone out there actully willing to comit?

We had talked about Aug 6. But the only "yes" answer I got were from Odawg and lschiavo. Xiang said he'd come probably, but his wife can't. FSR, maybe you and Xiang could carpool? I can't help with her return from Uganda, though! ;)

If it's Tiber, Odawg and lschiavo, that'd be great. But they're (relatively) local, so I'd be up for a different date if it works for them and others.

I'm planning on hosting Homer whenever he comes- he wants to see my electric brewery, lschiavo's electric set up, and of course Tiber's, I'm sure! We "locals" could get together when Homer is up for a get-together. I'm open to anything. Homer's wife is really a nice person, and I enjoy her very much (and Bob thought she was great), so they are welcome anytime to stay at the cottage, brewday or not!

Tiber_Brew said:
I'm in!

Also, anyone in the area is always welcome to check out my brewing system and do some sampling of course!

Looking forward to it!

:mug:

TB

Where are you? I'm in Crystal Falls. You are welcome to stop by for a few anytime here as well.

Well Tony offered to carpool so that took care of that but last night I was told that the wife will be flying in from Uganda on the 5th. So me being there on the 6th is not going to happen. Maybe it the date does change it will work or not. I really have no idea.

Well Tony offered to carpool so that took care of that but last night I was told that the wife will be flying in from Uganda on the 5th. So me being there on the 6th is not going to happen. Maybe it the date does change it will work or not. I really have no idea.

Well, let me know! I'd love to have you come. I know that Tony has vacation at that time, so I'm not sure if he's flexible or not. I'm very flexible, so "majority rules" is fine with me!

We talked for a while. Does she like me?

Yeah, I mentioned that you were probably going to be there when we visit and she said she did. She's actually more social than I am though, so it's not so much she doesn't like people, just doesn't go out of her way to meet new friends.

Well come on up when we get together if Yooper says it's ok! I mentioned to Kris yesterday that we need to nail down a schedule and she had mentioned maybe coming down at any time during the week and I told her no way. It's got to be on a weekend cause of the brewday thing that might happen. She is flexible (just excited to have a week off from work, they are really getting crazy busy!) and we also have to work in a visit to a college or two while we are up there if we can. Although I don't know who's going to be open for a visit during summer months.

Yeah, I mentioned that you were probably going to be there when we visit and she said she did. She's actually more social than I am though, so it's not so much she doesn't like people, just doesn't go out of her way to meet new friends.

Well come on up when we get together if Yooper says it's ok! I mentioned to Kris yesterday that we need to nail down a schedule and she had mentioned maybe coming down at any time during the week and I told her no way. It's got to be on a weekend cause of the brewday thing that might happen. She is flexible (just excited to have a week off from work, they are really getting crazy busy!) and we also have to work in a visit to a college or two while we are up there if we can. Although I don't know who's going to be open for a visit during summer months.

I don't know Tiber's schedule at all, but lschiavo and I are both flexible and can at least give brewery tours during the work week. So if it works out that you and Kris must come on a weekday, that's no big deal at all. We won't have the big brewday (if it happens!) on a weekday, but we can certainly brew on my system or lschiavo's and give you the info on those electric set ups.

Tiber lives close to MTU, so he'd probably be ok with a non-weekend visit, at least a short evening one, but of course I can't speak for him!

If you do come on a day when the "locals" can come, weekday or not, we'll at least put together something.

If Kris wants to stay flexible due to weather, you can always pick a nice day to come visit the cottage and stay there if you'd like. The kayaks and paddle boat are always down by the shore, ready for use!

Homercidal said:
Yeah, I mentioned that you were probably going to be there when we visit and she said she did. She's actually more social than I am though, so it's not so much she doesn't like people, just doesn't go out of her way to meet new friends

My wife is very social and outgoing. I am much more of an introvert so I can relate.

Yooper said:
I don't know Tiber's schedule at all, but lschiavo and I are both flexible and can at least give brewery tours during the work week. So if it works out that you and Kris must come on a weekday, that's no big deal at all. We won't have the big brewday (if it happens!) on a weekday, but we can certainly brew on my system or lschiavo's and give you the info on those electric set ups.

Tiber lives close to MTU, so he'd probably be ok with a non-weekend visit, at least a short evening one, but of course I can't speak for him!

Unfortunately, my summer isn't as flexible as I'd like it to be. I'm perfectly fine with weekday visits, but I will be out of town for a family reunion near Ludington that week until Thursday night. So I'm free that following weekend (22nd - 24th July) for a brew tour and sampling.

I penned the weekend of Aug 6th in my calendar, but my other weekends are filling up quick. So if we decide to move the brew day to another weekend, I'll have to do my best to be there!

TiberIcantwaittoretireBrew

I'd love to come up if it was another weekend. I'll have to check on the July date. Would be a bit of a drive, but I'd love to meet ya'll. I'd also be ok if we needed to push it out to September.

I'd love to come up if it was another weekend. I'll have to check on the July date. Would be a bit of a drive, but I'd love to meet ya'll. I'd also be ok if we needed to push it out to September.

It's long drive, no doubt. Check around. There is usually a brewday downstate at least once or twice a year. Plus various clubs. Maybe a few members could meet at a club brew somewhere.

If we can find the time, I'd like to host one. Just have to clear it with the wife, since she is the one concerned with how the house looks and is better at organizing social events. I'd be all like, 'oh yeah, the bathrooms in the house.."

Latest posts

Back