Moonshine malt extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You add your own "white whiskey". Interesting. Sounds like a standard lager that is fortified. I wouldn't brew it personally.

Looks like BS to me. Moonshine is made with corn. I doubt there is any corn malt in that extract.

I just read this as "you're intended to add some moonshine to this beer recipe," not that the recipe itself was supposed to taste like moonshine. They did say "(not included)."

I just read this as "you're intended to add some moonshine to this beer recipe," not that the recipe itself was supposed to taste like moonshine. They did say "(not included)."

oh yeah, i get the idea. Just comes off as a marketing deal rather than a "make better beer" type deal. Like "hey bro, we should make moonshine!" "no bro, we should make this and add some moonshine to it!"

I'd prefer companies kept the word "moonshine" away from anything to do with homebrew. There are enough people who think what we do is illegal, I'd rather not blur the line.

I'd prefer companies kept the word "moonshine" away from anything to do with homebrew. There are enough people who think what we do is illegal, I'd rather not blur the line.

This was kind of my ultimate point. The stigma is already there with ignorant people and this doesn't help

I wouldn't ruin good beer or moonshine by mixing them together. Although beer is a good chaser for a shot of shine.

Not all shine is corn liqour by the way, it's made with rye and sometimes malt.

This was kind of my ultimate point. The stigma is already there with ignorant people and this doesn't help

I think it should have been legalized when prohibition ended, even homebrewers have misconceptions about moonshine (maybe cause we can't talk about Moonshine Club?) :drunk:

Back