Las Cruces, NM brewers ! ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbot555

Reaction score
I will be moving to the area soon and wondering if we got any homebrewers out there ?

Also how is the water for brewing there ?

BTW the forums really needs a Regional section, would be great set up gtg's, beer tastings, group bulk buys, ect .....

I'm in Cruces. I'm not a member of that group but have checked out their site and know they are pretty active. They have a meeting and tasting and what not at least once a month. We also have a pretty decent HBS in town where you can get your essentials.

I live outside of city limits and get water from moongate water co. Never had it tested but have not had any problems. Don't know about actual city water.

Why you moving out to LC? Military?

I'm in Cruces. I'm not a member of that group but have checked out their site and know they are pretty active. They have a meeting and tasting and what not at least once a month. We also have a pretty decent HBS in town where you can get your essentials.

I live outside of city limits and get water from moongate water co. Never had it tested but have not had any problems. Don't know about actual city water.

Why you moving out to LC? Military?

Just moving closer to family for awhile. Glad their is some other homebrewers in the area ! I like to try other brews and have mine critiqued :mug:

i lived in cruces for a few years. lived in deming as a kid, got my degree at nmsu later, and moved out of that blazing-hot h...hole years ago. biggest problem you'll have is keeping ferm-temps down. they don't have many ac's there. they're all swamp-coolers

i lived in cruces for a few years. lived in deming as a kid, got my degree at nmsu later, and moved out of that blazing-hot h...hole years ago. biggest problem you'll have is keeping ferm-temps down. they don't have many ac's there. they're all swamp-coolers

Yeah keeping the ferment temp down was a thought, but nothing a very big bucket, cool water, and a wet towel around the carboy cant cure ! Thats what we do around here in Portland, since most places dont have ac, and works well.

Well, heck. I'm a Las Cruces brewer who stumbled into this thread looking to see if anyone had sent off some LC water and posted the water report. So hope you've had a good year and a half here!

Yah I dunno what happened, tried to find the store and drove right past it. Didn't realize it was the pool store till I got back

Back