Need to buy Kegging Equipment but Where?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korben

Reaction score
Tried to look this up but the only posts i found were 1 to 3 years old. So, I decided to ask. I was planning on beginning to keg my brews soon and I was wonder what sites offer the best quality for the best prices. I was kinda thinking AHB because of the flat rate shipping. Also, I plan on turning a chest freezer into a kegerator. I was looking for recommendations on C02 tank size and keezer conversion kits. And pretty much all other aspects as well, no one else around me kegs their beer so I am pretty much clueless. I plan on having 2 brews on tap, possibly 3 at the very most. Thanks everyone.

Beveragefactory.com has decent prices, I bought all of my stuff there, their 5lb CO2 tanks are under $60. Williams Brewing has a decent price on a complete Perlick facucet/shank/handle combo, I think it's like $49.

I recently got a kegging kit from Midwest. There was a problem with the regulator and they sent me a new one in days. Not only that I got an upgraded regulator for free! Great service.

I scored most of my equipment from a fellow homebrewer on Craigs List. I got a chest freezer, temperature controller, two faucets, two shanks, 5lb CO2, and a dual gauge regulator for only $50. Moral of the story, check CL first. ;)

got my 5lb co2 tank from beverage factory. 5lb's of co2 lasts a long time, i'd get a bigger tank if i had more room though.

+1 for kegconnection.com. I haven't bought from insco2 yet, but based upon the feedback that he's received I would not hesitate to do so.

I've also purchased kegs from homebrewingadventures.com for $17.99/ea before shipping.

This Kit looks great... 2 Keg System I can get it for exactly 300 shipped... Good Deal?
I just got bought on from Midwest for $199 with two kegs and double dual regulators that I really like. There is a LHBS that sells kegs for $25 so I bought an extra from him. It beats the HELL out of bottling!

This Kit looks great... 2 Keg System I can get it for exactly 300 shipped... Good Deal?

If you're going to convert the fridge right away, that's a good deal. I still have my kegs inside the fridge (haven't drilled it) so I'm using picnic taps and didn't need the faucets and drip tray.

One thing I'd suggest is to strongly consider upgrading to the perlick faucets (forward sealing). I don't even have faucets, but I hear every day about stuck faucets. If you can part with a few more dollars, you could get the faucet upgrade, and I think you'd be happiest.

Check out Kegkits.com good prices and grest info there. I prefer the micro matic regulators a few xtra$ but completly rebuildable

i know this is a lil off topic but in the description he says he can help you make a quick change for sanke kegs, this would really be handy since every now and again I get a couple kegs of BMC for parties. Would I be able to run two sanke kegs off the 5# CO2 bottle?

Just saw the deal at midwest that seems great! I would really like to be able to carb one and be drinking one.. is this possible with the kit I mentioned earlier. Also, I would really like to have a quick change from corny to sanke, is it possible with the midwest kit? If someone could point me to some info on this that would be great. Also, I can handle the pic-nic taps for a bit but would eventually want really taps. What additional equipment would I need to go from pic-nic to real taps? Thanks every one for the replies!

i know this is a lil off topic but in the description he says he can help you make a quick change for sanke kegs, this would really be handy since every now and again I get a couple kegs of BMC for parties. Would I be able to run two sanke kegs off the 5# CO2 bottle?

Just saw the deal at midwest that seems great! I would really like to be able to carb one and be drinking one.. is this possible with the kit I mentioned earlier. Also, I would really like to have a quick change from corny to sanke, is it possible with the midwest kit? If someone could point me to some info on this that would be great. Also, I can handle the pic-nic taps for a bit but would eventually want really taps. What additional equipment would I need to go from pic-nic to real taps? Thanks every one for the replies!

I used flared fittings (1/4") on my ball connectors (male) and liquid and gas lines (female). You can buy male flared fittings tailpieces from Midwest (#5103) that fit under the nut for the Sanke taps in place of barbs, and you have a great quick disconnect system. Went from a Cornie to a Quarterbarrel in about two minutes when one kicked at a party recently.

Just saw this on another post. You'll definitely want the Perlicks.

PERLICK FORWARD SEAL FAUCET WITH SHANK @ Williams Brewing

Back