• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Alabama Immersion Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTate37

Reaction score
Now that we are legal in Alabama I feel good posting this. I was given two immersion could for Christmas and I only needed one. It is 50 ft x 3/8 in with garden house fittings. I would like to get what was paid for it, which was $72. I get negotiated rates with UPS through work so I can pick up the shipping. Let me know of you are interested.

EDIT: I attached a pic. Not sure why it rotated.

Immersion Coil(1).JPG

Where in Bama? I'm in the Bham area? Would this work for a 5 gallon pot I use for stove top brewing?

Where in Bama? I'm in the Bham area? Would this work for a 5 gallon pot I use for stove top brewing?

I'm in Pelham, but I've got one response ahead of yours. You would need some sort of adapter for this to work from your sink. I just put this in my old 4.5 G pot and the coils come to a couple of inches below the top so it may be a little large for a 5 G pot. I would do a little research online to see if anyone recommends a particular coil length for a 5 G pot. I'll let you know if the first response falls through. BTW, I just added a pic to the original post.

The problem isn't the shipping, quality of the chiller, or anything else. Most people are making their own chillers. I built my own and you can buy 50' of coil for about $45 and the fittings are pretty cheap. I think you price is too high for most. You may wanna drop the price if you wanna sell it ob here. Just my 2 cents.

Back