Dc 212

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it will work. It is particularly good with berry melomels and pyments. However, it is a nutrient hog and will stink it up if you don't give it plenty of nutrients. Also, controlling the temp is important as it can get out of control and ferment too fast if the temperature is too high.

Ok now is raisins a good nutrient or just say **** it and get the yeast nutrient and does 70 68 sound good for a control temp and do u think I would have to use a blow off hose

It works well with blueberries. I can't say how it turns out with oranges, but it will ferment them without problem.

Raisins probably won't give you enough nitrogen. You need a good energizer product like Fermaid K (or similar products) +/- some DAP. If you keep the temp below 70 to start, you'll probably be happier.

Thank you this will be my first mead and I had a blueberry one and i loved it so all il have to do is just wash them and add them or do I have to smash them????

I find freezing and thawing changes the flavor of blueberries, and they sometimes taste more bitter. If you have them fresh, you may just want to gently mash them with a potato masher or some such. Avoid blenders as they will crack seeds and give unwanted bitterness.

image-2152966833.jpg

See I already made it is it possible to add yeast energizer to it

Back