timing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtlaw10

Reaction score
hey all -
i've read various accounts on the mighty HBT of folks leaving their brews in primary for longer than a month at a time with no ill side effects.
my situation: i am traveling for business and have to live in a hotel for around a month - my current brew will have been in primary two weeks this wednesday. it's much too soon to bottle and i have only a primary so racking off the trub isn't really an option, so i was just looking for some reassurance that when i return in may and finally bottle this batch, the flavor profile i'm going for will be more or less intact. ultimately it's going to be sitting in there for about 6 weeks.
if it matters, which i guess it might because the accounts i've read have been of different styles with the higher alcohol, darker brews generally being perfectly fine with lengthy primaries, this is an American Pale est SRM: 8; ABV: 6.3; IBU 48.

thanks for the, hopefully, pending catharsis.:D

At just 6 weeks should be perfectly fine. I've had bigger beers sit a good bit longer than that with no ill effect.

Back