Best. Ingredient. Transaction. Ever. THANK YOU

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon1856

Reaction score
I've never been shy about questioning retailers when I have had something go wrong in this crazy world of mail-order crack, so I feel compelled to give a shout out when it goes right.

Brewmasters Warehouse. BREWMASTERS WAREHOUSE. They got it right. This is maybe the first order that I have had that I didn't walk away thinking something was amiss. Here's how it went:

1. Ordered with 10% coupon Sunday night.
2. Package shipped Monday from Georgia en route to Kentucky.
3. Confusion on the part of FedEx's tracking system. Thanks to the Christmas rush my package took longer than it normally would.
4. Package arrived this morning at 7:23am CST.
5. Examined the contents, observed the best crush I have yet received. I can FEEL my efficiency creeping up.

Here are some other random observations:

- If ordering grain in fractions, they charge the proportionate price compared to the price of a pound. For instance, if you want 8oz of grain that is $1.50/lb, you are charged $0.75. I LOVE THIS. You will find this is not the case everywhere.

- Prices are very competitive. BETTER on some things, just hunt around a bit.

- Ed is a machine. I know he's got tons of customers to deal with but he took the time to return every email I sent. He answered all my questions and did his very best to be as accommodating as possible. And when I said he answered the emails...he answered them the same day. VERY TIMELY.

Anyway, I know this is a lot of verbiage to say that Brewmasters Warehouse is my new source for brew-related supplies. Thank you for doing it right Ed. Now get some pictures on that website!! :mug:

All I have to say is...

WOW.

That recipe application is AWESOME! I've always used programs like that to formulate recipes, and printed out the sheet and brought it to the LHBS. Now all I have to do is press a button! The pricing was great, (really love the pro-rated malt prices) and the site was super easy to use.

I'll still patronize my LHBS, but I'll give this place a solid try. I ordered a Scottish 60/-, (my recipe in sig) with no yeast, and the total came to $26 with shipping. Not bad!

Yeah...I wouldn't use it personally, but damn, that brew builder app looks like it'd be pretty awesome for people who are tired of pre-made kits but don't have promash/beersmith.

I like the fact that I can enter in a recipe... tweak it, or adjust for thier hop AA... ON THIER SITE... then when I am done playing, push one button and it is ordered.

I have brewing software, and I would still use the Brew Builder to tweak my recipe, because after I do, I can instantly order it.

I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the service there, I hope he is wildly sucessful.

A happy customer here as well. I ordered four liquid yeast packages and a nice big ice pack was included at no extra charge.
I don't buy much on-line, but I believe this is my new favorite.

Really? Excellent... that should be standard with liquid yeast, realisitically. We need to promote the heck outta this guy.

I was just surfing through the forums and I stumble across this thread of love. I am glad you guys are liking everything so well.

Evets said:
A happy customer here as well. I ordered four liquid yeast packages and a nice big ice pack was included at no extra charge.
I don't buy much on-line, but I believe this is my new favorite.

It was 60 degrees in Atlanta when I was packaging it, so I threw it in just to be on the safe side. (Before I owned Brewmasters Warehouse, I had received several packages of liquid yeast that were not viable from online. It sucks so I do not like to take chances.)

Deacon, I was checking FedEx this morning and I could not beleive that it arrived at 7:23 in the morning. Who delivers packages before 8am, that is just crazy. I give FedEx some credit there, even though there was a delay in getting it to you.

what a great site. im messin with it now.

really like the fact i can build my brew, then delete the stuff i have in stock.

i would like the crystal malts to be listed like every other online store does however. would be helpful.
dont see grain crushing option....yet. but i do see a competitive price on the 7lb barley crusher. hell, cheaper than ebay i think.

what a great site. im messin with it now.

really like the fact i can build my brew, then delete the stuff i have in stock.

i would like the crystal malts to be listed like every other online store does however. would be helpful.
dont see grain crushing option....yet. but i do see a competitive price on the 7lb barley crusher. hell, cheaper than ebay i think.

I am glad you like the site. The Crystal malts, as well as all of the malts are listed in color order lightest to darkest. We could list them by brand and then arrange in color order from there. I am open to suggestions on what everyone thinks is the best way to list them. Grain crushing is done by default for all orders unless specifically requested otherwise. We are working on the best way to implement a crushing option that would be easy to use.

Ed

I'm going to give you Brewmasters a shot for my next brew. I should be ordering sometime after the first of the year. Always glad to support good places that do a good job!

did not look at your sig before i ordered, hence no coupon code...but, it would not have saved much, not a big order.

do like the site tho. i usually shop at morebeer, now i have another choice, and your hop selection is far better.

looks like a great site. the brewbuilder is cool. looks like you have a great selection, too (i was looking at all the wheat malts)

i may do some ordering in the future for stuff i can't get locally.
:mug:

did not look at your sig before i ordered, hence no coupon code...but, it would not have saved much, not a big order.

do like the site tho. i usually shop at morebeer, now i have another choice, and your hop selection is far better.

I will honor the 10% Off with some cash money in the box, or if there is something that amount you want me to throw into the order, I can do that as well.

Ed

Man I wish I would have heard of them earlier. I just graduated from Clemson, so I usually visited Thomas Creek for my homebrew needs. Of course I have to order online occasionally. It would have been sweet to have someone that close instead of shipping halfway across the country. I'll still try to patronize them in my new job in Ohio.

Ed,

I live in Vinings Ga and drove up to your store. Do you plan on having it open as a retail shop? At the very least can we pick up orders from you (will call) instead of shipping?

Thanks,
Zach

Ed,

I live in Vinings Ga and drove up to your store. Do you plan on having it open as a retail shop? At the very least can we pick up orders from you (will call) instead of shipping?

Thanks,
Zach

The store will be open regular hours starting in January, and will have a pick up from store feature added to the website.

Ed

Back