I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BobbiLynn said:
Gonna bring my dog to the tractor festival Sunday, maybe sell the Avery. Screw the no dog rules. I like breaking rules. They will fall in love with him and rules will be forgotten.

Tell them it's a seeing eye dog. If anyone questions it, start acting irrational.

What step are you guys at now? Makes me want to brew, I will again soon. Guess at this point I'm saving beer for a rainy day. I got a bunch going now.

Got the second boil cooled down now. Gotta fill the buckets and pitch yeast. Almost there.....:rockin: I'm by myself now. Steve bailed after he got his yeast pitched. He's got his kids this weekend, starting tonight.

And quite possibly the most meaningful stupid song ever...

" I have spacesuits for everyone..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the second boil cooled down now. Gotta fill the buckets and pitch yeast. Almost there.....:rockin: I'm by myself now. Steve bailed after he got his yeast pitched. He's got his kids this weekend, starting tonight.

Makes me mad sometimes when the guy leaves right after pitching his yeast. But guess he had a good excuse...

Good choice of word, you are improving, keep up the good work. :p

I'm trying to be like Dan, since he's not here, and get all deep about everything, but in few words. Being like Dan is not easy. :drunk:
Oh come on. You don't have to play in the deep end the whole time. I like the shallows, and the hot tub. Yup, I loves me the hot tub.

Read the entire rice wine thread in one sitting last night. My interest waned towards the end. Not sure it's going to make my to do list.
It's the easiest brew I've ever made, as long as you don't go overboard with your batch size.
I have a big tub of honey. Like a 50 pound tub of honey that is most likely 30 years old that I keep on looking at and thinking I should try a mead.

Problem is I drink light beers. A big mead would last the rest of my life unless my kid found it
So don't make a big mead. Forget tradition and make a small mead. No actual reason to make it any stronger then you want to drink. The age of the honey is also likely to increase the intensity of the flavor. Practically any mead you make with it should be very good.
Can't do the poppy punk, no matter what the payoff. I did the late 90's once, not doing them again ;)
I didn't know you liked older women.

Oh come on. You don't have to play in the deep end the whole time. I like the shallows, and the hot tub. Yup, I loves me the hot tub.

Remember that time we all passed out naked in the hot tub? One of the moderators here came around and drained the water so we wouldn't drown? That was a fun night....

Remember that time we all passed out naked in the hot tub? One of the moderators here came around and drained the water so we wouldn't drown? That was a fun night....
Nope, but if I had remembered it couldn't have been that good of a party. :D

It's actually only happened to me once. Unfortunately, I woke up fully clothed and alone...

Too bad, waking up to a pile of naked bodies in a hot tub someone drained for your own personal safety... priceless. Wow, it's late night, eh?

Last night was so busy I couldn't even get on. Hoping tonight I can get some good quality HBT time.

5 AM and why am I awake? :eek:

Must get more sleep!!!! But, since we are up, what do you want to do now?

Yep. Do you want cream and sugar? Just cleaned a couple mugs. Did you drain the water out of the hot tub? Good idea because otherwise we could have drowned.

Nope. I actually drained the hot tub because I needed water to make the coffee. Enjoy!

So my SIL spent 3 grand on some silly machine that makes "miracle water". She was completely serious about it. Gave me a couple gallons and warned it only lasts a couple days so drink up. I told her I needed more, from now on gonna make my beer from this so-called miracle water. I will call it miracle beer. :tank:

She spent the money on this miracle water machine because she thinks it will heal all that ails us. I think she is delusional but don't tell her I said that. Gonna make my own miracle water from used hot tub water full of naked bodies. Here, you drink it.....

Here is my rusty old Avery. Believe it or not, it runs.

avery.jpg

BobbiLynn said:
She spent the money on this miracle water machine because she thinks it will heal all that ails us. I think she is delusional but don't tell her I said that. Gonna make my own miracle water from used hot tub water full of naked bodies. Here, you drink it.....
I've heard mixed things about those.. Basically is alkalizes and ionizes water, which is supposed to make you well. I don't generally go in for that kind of hooha
BobbiLynn said:
Here is my rusty old Avery. Believe it or not, it runs.
That thing is cool!

I found it's not really much of a leap to all grain. Decided to brew today too, an IPA. Just started my mash.

Got to the boil and this is the time I feel ready for a nap. Gonna resist the urge.

This song has been stuck in my head for some reason. His voice is not really good, but like the song anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back