Anyone have any Coal Porter recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggben

Reaction score
I have searched all over the internet and on this forum and i cant find but one coal porter recipe. So i am wondering if maybe some of you out there might have one that you have made that turned out pretty good? I am wanting to get one started to have for Christmas time. Any help would be great...

~BiggBen
:rockin:

Are you looking for a recipe for a particular commercial beer or just a porter with the name 'coal' in it? I ask because I have a few "coal porter" recipes that I brew somewhat often, although they are mostly big and dark robust porters with some roasted barley or black malt in them.

Regardless, here's one of mine that turned out quite well. 80% Pale, 7% chocolate, 5% med crystal, 5% brown malt, 3% roasted barley - OG 1.060, 35 IBU of Fuggles, Wyeast 1318.

I have searched all over the internet and on this forum and i cant find but one coal porter recipe. So i am wondering if maybe some of you out there might have one that you have made that turned out pretty good? I am wanting to get one started to have for Christmas time. Any help would be great...

~BiggBen
:rockin:

recipes
porters
first page halfway down.

:confused:

Back