What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first tapping of my "flat cap Dark and Mild" 3.2% mmmm dark dark dark & mild AND Sierra Nevada summerfest lager... I like it. not a huge lager fan but tasty! great after tilling up veggie garden. (mild while running tiller!:rockin: 2 pints & not stupid!)

Flying Dog in-Heat Wheat
Old Speckled Hen
Young's Double Chocolate Stout (didn't really care for this one)

-Stanley

nice choices stanley... but I have to say youngs double chocolate is a fav of mine And dog in heat is just ok... thats what makes this board work! variety of opinion! and OSH is awesome any day of the week!

Oh yes, and when paired with a Raspberry Lambic and mixed like a Black & Tan, sheer awesomeness! :)

As for me, I'm enjoying a Citrus Summer Blonde Ale (or two, or three, or four).

OH! That Sounds AWESOME! may mix that when I do my taxes tomorrow! mmmm choc ras! Lindemans & Youngs (can get both local!) WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT 2 of my favs! BIG 28 oz glass!

nice choices stanley... but I have to say youngs double chocolate is a fav of mine And dog in heat is just ok... thats what makes this board work! variety of opinion! and OSH is awesome any day of the week!

I was not a fan of the cocoa flavor I got from the double chocolate and I have to agree that In-Heat Wheat was just ok. I have had much better hefeweizen. Sunday I went to the store and picked out 13 different beers I have never had and I am working my way through them right now. These three were the first of the 13. It would have been a nice 12 pack to drink, but SWMBO found the Old Speckled Hen and I have heard good things about it, so I obeyed and got it as number 13.

-Stanley

By "now" I mean just had at dinner out...

Beer #1:
Gordon Biersch Hefeweizen
An excellent german style Hefe. Very bananas.

Beer #2:
Gordon Biersch Schwarzbier
My first. An amazing beer. A cross between Guinness and Munich Lager, perhaps. Use the Schwartz!

Bell's Oberon earlier.

Oskar Blues G'Knight. A big hoppy kick ass imperial red. This beer is soooooooo good. Glad to see it back out during the spring season.

comparing my homebrew IPA to a SN Torpedo. The torpedo wins, but that IPA was the first batch I've brewed in two years and it was on all new equipment - had some mash temp and efficiency issues. My IPA is good, tons of hop flavor but not as crisp. It's also only 4 weeks old..

Born to be Mild - English Dark Mild Ale.... quite good. Toasty, roasty, a bit of chocolate and coffee note, slightly fruity from the English ale yeast and darn easy to drink.

Im the same way....I love my homebrew but still love going to the beer store and picking up a bunch of commercial brews to try! How do you know what you want your homebrew to taste like if.you don't sample other beers!

Currently drinking Epic pale ale

SWMBO picked up ANOTHER mixed six pack from the mega-booze store, so I've got about 13 commercial brew varieties and 9 different homebrews to choose from.

I keep going to the fridge, but I can't decide what to drink. :)

THAT is a good problem to have!:mug:

Don't hate man... :mug:

Got some more on reserve. Getting my Wytchmaker Rye shortly from them. BTW my connection also has Commercial Suicide in keg.... tempting

Ever had Barrel-Aged Commercial Suicide? That's a 3.2% beer that tastes like a 6+. Absolutely awesome.

Homemade dry hopped IPA

image-3520187258.jpg

Back