Leftover grain suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPORT546

Reaction score
I'm pretty new at all this I'm only on my fourth batch, but I've got some left over steeping grains and I was hoping to use them up in a "kitchen sink" type brew. I have to following:

3/4 lb of dark munich malt
1/2 lb of rahr 2-row

I'm looking for a few suggestions on an extract recipe to go along with the rest of this. If there is an obvious style that fits this and i'm missing that would be great. Preferably some kind of ale because I can't lager anything at the moment.

Thanks

throw those in with enough pils extract and some german hops, you could probably pull of a simple dubbel.

Munich and 2 row needs to be mashed. You can't just steep them, well you can but you won't really get anything from it. I guess you might get a little color from the munich but no sugars.

Munich and 2 row needs to be mashed. You can't just steep them, well you can but you won't really get anything from it. I guess you might get a little color from the munich but no sugars.

lol, he's right, I wasn't thinking and immediately assumed a mini-mash.

After searching depending on your definition of things it is a partial mash not steeping. Just the single pot method with a paint strainer (I work for a paint store) for a grain bag similar to the pictures on one of the posts.

Latest posts

Back