Med Board returned retirement offer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snccoulter

Reaction score
So as some of you know I have been waiting on my MEB Board to be returned to me. Well today I recieved it. it is nothing like i was hoping ofr but it did include total retirement. They offerd me 30% unlike the 70 i was expecting becasue the Sleep Apnia is conciderd non compensatable at the Air Force level. I will be compencated at the VA level and at a rate of 50% and then there will be the other issues added to it but i was really disappointed at the Air Force offering, At least i wont be in the Air Force any more. I was figuring that I would not see any of the AF Retirement due to the VA comp but still it wold have been nice to see a higher offering. I am figuring that I will sign the paperwork Monday morning and be Retired in 90 days. I will have only 40 days until i am able to take my house hunting and terminal leave. So I will be unemployed in a shot time.

How long have you been in? I've been in the Corps 23 years now and have noticed sleep apnea has become a bigger retirement issue than ever before. Did you have to do sleep studies? Best of luck to you.

Keep working for what you're owed if you're not satisfied with the offer. A MSgt at my battery almost got screwed...dude was injured somewhere around 17 times in combat theaters with never damage and who knows how many surgeries to have nerves removed and wild stuff done. He'll be dealing with issues for the rest of his life. He fought, and fought, and fought, and fought some more...he got his 100%.

You definitely have to fight. You have to go to the medics and get these things documented. Don't just be hooah, drink water and drive on. Got to get these things documented. The Army is bad for telling Soldiers to just push through some things that you should be getting medical treatment for.

You definitely have to fight. You have to go to the medics and get these things documented. Don't just be hooah, drink water and drive on. Got to get these things documented. The Army is bad for telling Soldiers to just push through some things that you should be getting medical treatment for.

And if it's not on your record that you received treatment, it didn't happen.

Back