Fruit extracts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLWIII

Reaction score
Can someone tell me whether the fruit extracts sold in homebrew shops are the same (or not) as what I would find at the grocery store, say for example, McCormicks extracts.

What are you trying to do?

Just trying to compare a recipe to see how it turns out with fruit and extract. I did a fruit version a while back and want to see how a fruit extract version compares. That said, I just want to see what the best extract is to use.

The ones we carry and most homebrew stores carry are used by the brewing industry. The ones made for baking are more intense and harsh for beer.

Forrest

I just bought some of this concentrate. I am waiting for it to show up. I am going to experiment with adding it to a berliner weiss I have kegged.

Just got the concentrate. I have 2/3 full keg of berliner. I added 18oz of the concentrate to the keg. Wow this stuff is awesome. Tastes very much like the New Glarus cherry. Incredible.

Back