My Equipment Arrived Today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imlvngded

Reaction score
A knock on the door at 5pm today signaled the arrival of my brewing gear. I'm so stoked to finally start brewing. I've read 3 books so far and can't wait to get started. An amber ale will be the first batch. I'm shooting for a sunday brew day. Wish me luck!:mug:

Sweet! Good luck with your first brew-- it will be exciting and harrowing at times, but extremely rewarding. There is nothing like drinking your first homebrew.

-Steve

I can remember mine easily and it was great. I still hate waiting for fermentation and what not but the wait is worth it. I think the most rewarding feeling (besides drinking it) was getting all of the first batch bottled. Almost a feeling that there's nothing else you can do for it and it would be extra hard to screw it up once it's bottled. Enjoy the hobby.... I know I do.

I got a basic 2 bucket starter kit that came with your choice of beer kit. I chose an Amber Ale.

6# Briess Amber LME
Specialty Grains
1oz Amarillo
*edit* forgot the most inportant part. The yeasties ---> Nottingham Dry yeast

I'm hoping it will be ready by my son's 2nd birthday cookout. Maybe you guys can help me name it. His name is Gage and my dad likes to call him "Buster". Any suggestions?

Congrats! My first kit showed up in the mail from Midwest yesterday and I just unpacked it literally 30 minutes ago- yes, Christmas DOES come in July! :ban:

I'll be brewing my first batch, a hefeweizen this Friday. Wish me luck! And keep us posted how yours went! :D

I got a basic 2 bucket starter kit that came with your choice of beer kit. I chose an Amber Ale.

6# Briess Amber LME
Specialty Grains
1oz Amarillo
*edit* forgot the most inportant part. The yeasties ---> Nottingham Dry yeast

I'm hoping it will be ready by my son's 2nd birthday cookout. Maybe you guys can help me name it. His name is Gage and my dad likes to call him "Buster". Any suggestions?

Just throwing it out there:

BUSTOBERFEST (make sure to grill up some brats!)

Back