treat from the stock room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thor the Mighty

Reaction score
So i was digging around the beer cage today, just organizing, tossing boxes, spoiling out crappy beer from ages past, and i came upon TWO firestone walker 11th anniversary ales that were hiding behind some cases. no kidding i bought them, but i have no idea how they had been stored there? so cool. so i got them at like 16 bucks a bottle, but i know that the 10th anniversary is selling for monster cash these days. anyone know whats up with the numbers on these guys? anywas, this is what it looks like:

rare2.jpg

thats sexy. they even come with an 8 1/2 x 11 paper inside listing front to back the history of firestone brew company and such. haha. awesome.

ALSO:

i got to go down to stone brewery for the vertical epic release on 080808 and got 4 bottles of vert, and a 2 liter growler full of the stuff. probably one of the sexiest beers ive ever tried guys. if you can get your mits on this stuff go ahead and do it. my store sold three cases of it in a matter of hours on 888. i intend to brew this recipe, as every release is given on stone's website.

rare.jpg

and just for good measure, a few good beer bottles lying around.

drinkin2small-1.jpg

I would just drink that Firestone 11. Really, I've not had many better barrel aged beers in my life. That one is top notch. Drink one now, and save the other one for a special rainy day.

I am not a fan of selling or buying beer that is marked up and I think the market has gotten a bit ridiculous, but I'll hold my opinion to that on this one. Otherwise I'll end up saying something not very nice.

That Trappistes Rochefort is one of my favorites (I also like the 8) right after Westmalle

I would just drink that Firestone 11. Really, I've not had many better barrel aged beers in my life. That one is top notch. Drink one now, and save the other one for a special rainy day.

I am not a fan of selling or buying beer that is marked up and I think the market has gotten a bit ridiculous, but I'll hold my opinion to that on this one. Otherwise I'll end up saying something not very nice.

you wouldnt hold onto both of them in the name of getting a few hundred bucks a year down the road?

you wouldnt hold onto both of them in the name of getting a few hundred bucks a year down the road?

Nope. I have a bottle in my fridge at home I could get 300 for and several that sell for 150 or more in my closet. They will all be drank by me. I am a beer lover, and a couple hundred bucks really isn't all that much money.

:rockin:
+1 on that! I think all of those beers would be great. I've never seen Piraat in a bottle that big though. I only can find the 11.5 european bottles. :mug:

I see the 11 ounce bottles of Piraat most often too, but there's a store that has them right down the street. I like the smaller bottles better though because they fit well into a single glass.

I'm trying to find a good clone for the Piraat...

Rev I just found this recipe, I've never tried the beer so I can not comment on the accuracy. Its 5gal all grain

17 Lb's Belgian Pilsner malt,
1/2 lb. crystal 20 L.,
4 oz. Cara-Vienna,
4 oz. Aromatic.
1 Lb. Belgian light candi sugar,
1 oz. Brewers Gold @ 5 AAU (60 min),
1 oz. Styrian Golding with 1/2 tsp.Crushed Coriander(15 min.)
1/2 oz. Styrian Golding with 1/2 tsp.Crushed Coriander @ 1 tsp Sweet orange peel (10 min),
White Labs WLP500 Trappist Yeast, Prime with 1-1/4 Cup wheat DME.

Best mashed @ 152 Degrees for approx. 90 min.
Depending on your efficiency you should have a 10/10-1/2 Alcohol.

I'd skip the belgian light sugar and just use regular sugar. The difference is minimal if you're using the hard stuff. Now candy syrup is a different story, but really the dark and the D2 are the best ones.

Rev I just found this recipe, I've never tried the beer so I can not comment on the accuracy. Its 5gal all grain

17 Lb's Belgian Pilsner malt,
1/2 lb. crystal 20 L.,
4 oz. Cara-Vienna,
4 oz. Aromatic.
1 Lb. Belgian light candi sugar,
1 oz. Brewers Gold @ 5 AAU (60 min),
1 oz. Styrian Golding with 1/2 tsp.Crushed Coriander(15 min.)
1/2 oz. Styrian Golding with 1/2 tsp.Crushed Coriander @ 1 tsp Sweet orange peel (10 min),
White Labs WLP500 Trappist Yeast, Prime with 1-1/4 Cup wheat DME.

Best mashed @ 152 Degrees for approx. 90 min.
Depending on your efficiency you should have a 10/10-1/2 Alcohol.

Yeah, that's one of the ones I have on the thread I had on here a couple weeks ago...trouble is, noone can vouch for any of them, though that one seems like the closest...

It's prolly the one ultimately I'll end up doing...after my Partigyle pumpkin beers next weekend.

You suck....:)

On second thought......note to self...get hooked up with Thor for Secret Santa this year...

secret santa?

that reminds me, i just got a case of n'ice chouffe from 2006. that was such a great freakin brew and out of nowhere, it came instead of Mc Chouffe.

I'm jealous of your find, for sure. That's awesome. As a college student, I am rarely able to splurge on amazing beers, though I do tend to get a delerium or rochefort whenever my wallet feels comfortable, and I have tried a bottle of westvleteren 12 that I got for 26 bucks... prety spectacular, but I don't know that I'd spend that much on one beer again any time soon. Anyone have a recipe for a clone?

There should be westy clones all over the internet.

If you're asking for a firestone 11, clone, good luck. If you have the time and patience to blend 5 oak aged beers, more power to ya. :)

yeah its that "oak aged" part that kills most aspects of ever recreating such a beer, on top of the fact that you'd probably have to make five different beers first, then blend them and find the right proportions.

hell no.

Back