What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the beer store, got a couple racking cane clips since I tend to lose the one I have on hand... A drilled #2 stopper for the siphon tube in the bottling bucket, and a bag of DME. Reminds me I need to get that starter going tomorrow...

Kegged 5 gallons of Yooper's Ruination clone. My calendar also tells me that I am supposed to dry hop 10 gallons of my own IPA, but I can't hardly move. I have pretty much convinced myself to do it really, really, early tomorrow morning after I put the Easter pork butts on the smoker.

Cut foam board to size for my new keezer collar..... Not to pat myself to hard on the back but historically I'm not a very handy guy. Overall this keezer is turning out great so either building a keezer is easy or I had more construction skill than I thought.

image-766656811.jpg

image-988294564.jpg

Cut foam board to size for my new keezer collar..... Not to pat myself to hard on the back but historically I'm not a very handy guy. Overall this keezer is turning out great so either building a keezer is easy or I had more construction skill than I thought.

Labor of love! It increases ones abilities if their precious nectar is on the line.

Looks great!

Channel66 said:
Labor of love! It increases ones abilities if their precious nectar is on the line.

Looks great!

Thanks !!! My wife thinks I'm nuts !! I've been basically working/starring at it for about 1.5 weeks now. I still need to attach my gas manifold and temp probe. Get her plugged back in, my kegs in and hooked up and Bev lines attached. Definitely a labor of love only a homebrewer would undertake. Though all my non brewing but beer drinking friends are in awe.

Got a new 2000mL Erlenmeyer and put it to use with a starter for Odd Side Ales Pineapple IPA clone. I have the feeling my yeasties are about to be a lot happier providing me with better tasting brews!

Got a sirloin tip roast,taters & Italian sausage just about done in the pit with some ash wood to go with my home brew & 2 other beers. finally,some pit bbq'd meat & home brew again!:ban::mug::ban:

Just made 2 loafs of beer bread. One with my home brewed amber and one with ninkasi sleighr can't wait to try them with dinner.

ForumRunner_20130331_161429.jpg

I tried my first recipe design tonight which I've called Steroid #8. It's kind of an APA on steroids which came in at 8%ABV. It's been 2 weeks in the bottle and the carbonation level is perfect. The taste was amazing! I'm really looking forward to trying this in another week. I am very pleased with my first design.

Drilled a hole in my Keezer and installed a tower. I also added another tap to my single tap tower. I'm moving from a single keg kegerator to my new 5 keg keezer.

Racked a blonde onto raspberries and added blackberries to my Brett beer. Also bottled my Belgian dark strong and even without carbonation it is tasting awesome.

Went to Biergarten in Jenks today, and spent more than I intended, but WOW! That place just became my instant favorite craft beer store!

Still working on Keezer build...... I adhered the insulation to the collar using PL300 foam board glue last night come to find out I can't run the thing for 7 more days as the PL300 has a 7 day cure time !!!!! in the meantime I attached the faucets shanks and beverage lines and ran starsan through everything with my DIY line cleaner. Also moved my co2 tank etc outside the keezer and put my kegs back on co2 ... I don't like leaving them naked for so long.

Put in a little more time on the kegeradio. Hand wet sanding the polystain to even out the finish, and applied another coat. I think that I am up to 5 now. Now to work on empting the partial keg that I have so I can tear apart the mini-fridge to put it into the kegeradio! :mug: Cheers!

Did some research for 2 clone brews that I have planned (Zombie Dust and Heady Topper) I'm gonna spend way too much on the Heady Topper Clone, but I've wanted to try doing this for a while, and by god, I'm gonna do it! Got the recipes from Beersmith, BTW.

Emptied,rinsed & sanitized my Cooper's micro brew FV I had soaking with PBW. Clean & clean smelling once again. Getting ready to boil up some water for priming solution for my light colored hybrid lager. Hopped & Confusedv2. Can't wait to see how the WL029 yeast & bittering came out with the locally sourced spring water. 5 gallon batch vs the 6 gallon batch of the dark version in bottles 2 weeks,2 days.

Filled my very first keg last night and put in the newly relocated beer fridge. Seems to be keeping the pressure alright :fro:

What i did. I took the day off and waited for 2.5 hours to get the 2nd spot(fiance took 1st) on the mug renewal list at our beloved brewpub.

This was actually yesterday, but I dry hopped 5 gallons of my IPA with Cascades. I have 5 more gallons from the same batch that I am going to dry hop with Cascade and Centennial hops, but there was still a fair amount of krausen even after two weeks. I also transferred a month old RIS to a glass carboy to bulk age (I got about 5 1/2 gallons in the carboy and still have another quart to half gallon to bottle). Finally,I started planning a Red Chair clone. Man I love that beer.

i am daydreaming about victory summer love.
i just now decided that im making a clone on saturday.
turned down the c02 on my first IPA that wasnt someone elses recipe from 30 to 15
couple more days i'll turn it down to 10 and i'll prolly throw it in the kegerator on saturday.

Today I filled 60 bottles with my Chocolate Vanilla porter that I brewed
35 days ago.Can`t wait to pop one.

Cheers

Picked up ingredients for next weekend's brew which is going to be BierMunchers Cream of Three Crops. Also got another case of bottles as I'll be bottling two batches next weekend.

Ordered a Schmilding malt mill. Now to find a good deal on un-crushed 2-row...

You got a homebrew club in your area? Group buys are the best way to get grain for cheap. My club piggybacks on the orders of a local brewery (who gives us use of their brewery space on a Saturday to organize and distribute everything), and the malt distributor "sponsors" us with free shipping to keep the price even lower. The result of all this is that I can buy a 55lb sack of 2-row for under $25.

Hard to beat that, and it really makes a mill pay for itself in no time at all!

Yesterday:
Cleaned & sanitized 5 fermenters, 3 kegs, my march pump & CFC
Kegged 10gal Saison & 5gal Black IPA
added to my sour dregs (Geuze 1889) starter for the sour I'm brewing today
made a starter with 3711 for the Belgian IPA I'm brewing today
cleaned 5 and sanitized 20 bottles/growlers so I can bottle my CAP and free up another keg this weekend

Today:
buy StarSan & another packet of US-05
brew 10gal sour base & 5gal Belgian IPA
use my march pump for the first time :D
walk a buddy through the all-grain process

- Bottled two small batches of AG Graf (loosely based on Brandon-O's). One w/ S-05 and one w/ some Orabelle Great Divide yeast.
- Pitched some washed 1056 into a starter that will be split between my next two brews (Barleywine and IPA)
- Threw together some beer mustard (Recipe)
- Spent grain bread rising now

Love days off.

Back