best beer you have ever tasted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No ****, mine was a Longhammer IPA after a Metallica concert. Shows that sometimes beer is more about the experience that the beer. Yelling all night and only having Bud available for $9 made that Longhammer the most fragrant, malty, and delicious beer I've ever had.

I've had a lot of good ones that are better than that since then but in that moment it was the best beer ever.

Other than that. St Arnold Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout

No awesome story with mine. But the best beer I've ever had was an Ayinger Ur-Weisse.

Coors light fresh out of the snowbank. Something about drinking almost frozen crap beer when it's 0 degrees outside in the snow covered mountains.

Kate the Great!!!!! Its a toss up between the real deal from the Portsmouth Brewery (which has won the best beer in the world award) and my homebrew version. Amazing, truly amazing.

I've had a lot of beers in a lot of places, but Sam Adam's Boston Lager on draft at Hames pub in Racine, WI repeatedly over performs for me. I don't know why, but it always tastes perfect to me there.

A Cuvee Van De Keizer blue 2005 vintage at the Kulminator in Antwerpen. It was amazing after 6 years in bottles (I have a 2000 vintage saved for New years eve)

Rodenbach in Paris before it became available in the States

Rodenbach Vintage 2007 Flanders Red.

Flemish sours are my favorites and this was so balanced, complex, and drinkable.

Seems big commercial beers are winning the polls!

My favorite is one of my own homebrews. The first all-grain I brewed and the first one I had my basic temperature control, pitching rates, etc. in place. Bee Cave Haus pale ale. It was really good, not just "I made this" good, but definitely the best beer I had to that point (although I am not a fan of the big beers winning the votes here :) ).

Love pale ales and IPA's and am fortunate enough to live in San Diego close enough to Alpine brewing. Man, it's hard to choose a best from them, but Exponential Hoppiness kills it for me. Hoppy
Birthday from them is the best pale ale I've ever had as well.

1997 JW Lees Harvest Ale...

JW Lee's is the best darned barley wine ever. Too bad it's in such short supply in the USA. I could probably get my stomached pumped after a keg and then have another pint :)

There are several, but if I had to choose one, it would be a pint of Hobgoblin on cask that I had at an airport pub. (England)

I was on my way back to to US, and I was simply ordering what
the pub had available on cask. I wasn't particularly looking forward to it
or anything like that. I just wanted to get my last cask ale in England
before I leave. I've had Hobgoblin in bottle before and I thought it
was a nice beer, but nothing mind-blowing.

Then I tried my first sip. OH MY. It was served in perfect temperature, just right level of carbonation, perfectly balanced, Great malty flavor with fruity ester profile with amazing hop flavor.
I honestly felt heavenly.

My answer would probably change on a given day but today I'm going to say oskar blues old chub cask conditioned with vanilla beans.

I dunno, I was really loving that Live Oak Treehugger barleywine last night.

Love pale ales and IPA's and am fortunate enough to live in San Diego close enough to Alpine brewing. Man, it's hard to choose a best from them, but Exponential Hoppiness kills it for me. Hoppy
Birthday from them is the best pale ale I've ever had as well.

For a hop head...it really doesn't get any better than alpine.

I'll have to go with 3floyds dreadnaught, so flavorful but smooth.

I was just thinking about this and I saw this thread. I'm drinking my first Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale of the season. It's my hands-down favorite. I look forward to it every year.

Lawson's Finest Liquids Hopzilla, found in VT the day after my 23rd birthday, after a Primus concert in Burlingon, drunk from a little plastic water cup in my hotel room. Unideal conditions leading to the greatest hop experience ever.

Followed it with Hill Farmstead Arthur for good measure. Great vacation, that was!

going along with the england trend, I would have to say pretty much everything from the kernel in london.

mtandy said:
Lawson's Finest Liquids Hopzilla, found in VT the day after my 23rd birthday, after a Primus concert in Burlingon, drunk from a little plastic water cup in my hotel room. Unideal conditions leading to the greatest hop experience ever.

Followed it with Hill Farmstead Arthur for good measure. Great vacation, that was!

Great story

Besides my first bottle of my very own homebrew, I'd have to say a bottle of New Glarus Fat Squirrel my dad gave me when I was about 19. I can trace my love of real beer back to that single bottle. It was the first beer I'd had that wasn't miller lite or bud light, and the thought that wondered into my head immediately after trying it was "beer can taste this good?!"

SWMBO got me a bottle of this. Does it it need some age and how much?

Hey Blizzard. How old is your bottle? This is truly a beer that mellows as it ages. It is delicious "young," but if it is a recent bottle, I might give it a year (or more if you're patient) to mellow. I recently enjoyed a bottle from 2010 that was very good.

Back