Need pulley for my grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRHunter

Reaction score
Where can I find a 12" diameter pulley for a 3/8" shaft to motorize my grain mill?

Where can I find a 12" diameter pulley for a 3/8" shaft to motorize my grain mill?

You may have to buy a 12" sheave sized for a 1/2" shaft. It's somewhat unusual to have a sheave that large running on a shaft that small. The easy to solution is to buy a bushing to reduce the hole size to 3/8". McMaster-Carr will have them and probably W.W. Grainger as well.

+1 for cat22's suggestion. That's what I did. I use the same pulley set up to run my meat grinder which has a 1/2" shaft. I have a bushing on my mill to get it to 1/2"

You may have to buy a 12" sheave sized for a 1/2" shaft. It's somewhat unusual to have a sheave that large running on a shaft that small. The easy to solution is to buy a bushing to reduce the hole size to 3/8". McMaster-Carr will have them and probably W.W. Grainger as well.

My local Grainger had everything I'll be needing, thanks!

I bought mine at grainger, but you need an account through them. And make sure your local store has it in stock or else you have to order it online.

Visit their site, find the item number of the item you wish to pick up (make sure your pulleys have the correct bore size you're looking for) and then call them up. They'll ask for the item number so they can check if your local grainger carries the item. They'll even place the order for you so you can just swing by and pick it up, ready to go.

Back