Hurricane burner dimensions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boerderij_Kabouter

Reaction score
What are the dimensions of the Hurricane burner? It is astounding to me how often these are used and how little information there is about them.

I am trying to design my mounts and need to know the layout for the mounting holes.

1. What tap size are the holes?
2. How far is is mount to mount along the diameter of the burner?

Thanks!

I would really like to know the diameter of the holes and the diameter of the gas jet they use with it, then I can make my own as there is nothing even close in the UK, and what there is is crap and costs twice as much.

Sorry dude, I totally forgot about this.

1. I don't have a good way to measure tap size here but I may be going out to my buddies shop soon and if so I will take one of the bolts along.

2. It appears to be exactly 11".

Sweet thanks!

I just made a quick model and uploaded it if anyone else is making rig plans. The mounting dimensions are accurate everything else is eyeballed. To find the model just search hurricane burner. You can check out my gallery for a bunch of HB related models.

download

Sweet thanks!

I just made a quick model and uploaded it if anyone else is making rig plans. The mounting dimensions are accurate everything else is eyeballed. To find the model just search hurricane burner. You can check out my gallery for a bunch of HB related models.

download

I know this is kind of an old thread, but any chance you can upload the file as a DWG or DXF? I'm hoping to import into solidworks.

Back