Beer Enhancer Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indian09

Reaction score
Just curious what peoples opinions are on these. Im not exactly sure what is in them I think just DME and dextrose. Are these must have if you are using a simple canned kit. Also are there any easy recipe websites that go along with a canned kit like Coopers or Muntons, something where you would add one or 2 types of malt.

THX

I'm pretty sure most of those beer enhancer kits have heading and clarifying aids as well as maltodextrins. I've never used one myself.
As for the recipes, I have found a few at beerrecipes.org but that was just going through them at random, you could try a search for 'kit' there. There are a few other recipe sights too but I can't remember them off-hand. Google it.

PS what do you think about flickr?

If you are talking about the likes of Munton’s beer enhancer they enhance compared to using pure table sugar.
It depends whether you want to brew with kits or put the ingredients together your self.

Yeah my HBS sells them as "Goodies Packs" a mix of dex, light dry malt and corn syryp mostly. I don't normally get them, I just add more malt and not worry about the dex. the corn syryp aids head retention tho.

Cheyco PS what do you think about flickr?[/quote said:
Thx for the replies....My HBS has the muntons kit, I am just easing my way into the hobby, so I like the kits but would not mind adding an ingredient or 2. As for flickr its pretty easy to use, I like it.

beer enhancer kit? a kit consisting of Jessica Simpson and the girl from the Apricot Ale label in the other thread would really enhance my beer. ... be a perfect complement actually...

Sasquatch beer is well enough endowed that it requires no "enhancement". Careful what you order from the back of magazines.

Sasquatch said:
Sasquatch beer is well enough endowed that it requires no "enhancement". Careful what you order from the back of magazines.
Yes, but does Sasquatch have a smile on his face like this?

home_hl.gif

Latest posts

Back