Latest information about Gluten testing in Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
prairie path from two brothers is made by "removing gluten" and they clam its in the low amount to say its gluten free. well when i have just one i am already getting a reaction to it. i wouldnt and dont trust the "removing gluten"..

Fwiw, I have had a few of these new 'GLUTEN REDUCED' beers: duara, brunhaut, and omission. All tasty and I did not get a reaction from any. I bought a four pack of duara and a six pack of omission and was fine. Brunhaut and duara sadly don't stack up to Greens and are overpriced for what you get.

Only reason I get a reaction is from the yeast. Yep its not gluten its the yeast.. But gluten free yeast I'm fine.. Imagine that

I seem to recall a study that came to the same conclusion, using the same methods, that came out several months previously. But in any case, it's no surprise. Much as I wanted gluten-reduced beers to be my magical savior, after two Omissions my guts protested.

It seems like everyone has different tolerance levels. I can drink omission like its going out of style. If I drink one oz of a regular beer I get violently ill very quickly. I was very excited to find omission and am disheartened that not everyone is enjoying it like I can. I am gluten intolerant and my friend is celiac and she was also able to drink it.

Back