keezer questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajun_Tiger33

Reaction score
I have been reading all these different threads about keezers. I recently got a 9 cf Frigidaire chest freezer. I do not have a collar built on it, and i am just using picnic taps right now. I live in south Louisiana and the freezer is located in my garage.

My questions are:

I have a STC-1000 temp controller, the temperature is set to 3*C with a 1*C differential.. when the compressor kicks on it runs for about 5 minutes, and it usually takes it about 15 minutes until it kicks back on. This seems to be a rather short cycle time, any suggestions on how i can get it to hold its temperature better?

next question... I do have a fan in the keezer, right now i have it located on the hump blowing to the side towards my keg. without having a collar is this the best place for it or should i try to position it in a better place? if so where?

I mounted mine in the coffin blowing down and drawing up wired to the heat side so fans run for 5-10 mins after compressor shuts off to circulate the cool air

image-1141054350.jpg

Back