My Brewery Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biermann

Reinvented Biermann
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Took some pictures over the last 2 brew sessions. . .

My kids love to brew!!

Enjoy!!

3548-Headapprentice.JPG

3548-Brewingassistants.JPG

3548-decoction.JPG

Decoction boiling

3548-Brewing.JPG

Nice kids.

I do have a safety complaint though. In pic #2 the little one was too close to the boiling wort/pot.

I know there's a million things going on, but just try to be a little bit more careful next time. :D ;)

Oh, another pic came up too with the boy. Same situation. All they have to do is lose balance and reach out for something to grab...it'll be that hot pot.

Sorry, I just had to comment.

homebrewer_99 said:
Nice kids.

I do have a safety complaint though. In pic #2 the little one was too close to the boiling wort/pot.

I know there's a million things going on, but just try to be a little bit more careful next time. :D ;)

Oh, another pic came up too with the boy. Same situation. All they have to do is lose balance and reach out for something to grab...it'll be that hot pot.

Sorry, I just had to comment.

Yeah, I'm normally holding onto them when they are putting in the hops. Momentary lapse in judgement for a picture's sake.

I'll never complain when someone brings up something about safety.

:mug:

On another note: Now that everyone has seen my setup--- I was thinking of painting the surface of my bench there with a glossy paint of some sort to decrease the permeability of it.

Any ideas on colors?? I was thinking Grey, possibly white. I'm concerned about heat reflection, etc. I think painting it would look nicer, and would be more sanitary.

Biermann said:
On another note: Now that everyone has seen my setup--- I was thinking of painting the surface of my bench there with a glossy paint of some sort to decrease the permeability of it.

Any ideas on colors?? I was thinking Grey, possibly white. I'm concerned about heat reflection, etc. I think painting it would look nicer, and would be more sanitary.

Put a sheet of vinyl flooring on it. Messes are no prolem. Easy to replace too and take you about 10 minutes to put it on.

Biermann said:
Not a bad idea. . . I also thought about the individual squares of vinyl, but those have cracks that stuff can get down into.

Yeah, home depot & lowes has that stuff in rolls 12 feet long or so. Measure the depth of your bench, head to lowes and have them cut off a piece for you that wide. You'll only have to trim one side for your bench.

Instant waterproof counter top. Just don't put anything hot on it. :D

Biermann,I want those primaries....just kidding,I do eventually want one though. I bet they take all the fun out of racking.....out goes the yeast and trub-viola! instant secondary..... Great stuff. Shane

SAS98M said:
Biermann,I want those primaries....just kidding,I do eventually want one though. I bet they take all the fun out of racking.....out goes the yeast and trub-viola! instant secondary..... Great stuff. Shane

Yep, love the conicals. . . :rockin:

Except they won't fit in my lagering fridge, so I relegate my lagers to the carboys.

3548-schwarzbier.JPG

Well, since you mentioned about safety, I hope that's either natural gas or you have really good ventilation because LPG (propane) will fill that room with nasty gases as it burns.

edit: Oh and I'm so jealous of those conicals... those things are extremely expensive here.

Bonj said:
Well, since you mentioned about safety, I hope that's either natural gas or you have really good ventilation because LPG (propane) will fill that room with nasty gases as it burns.

Yep, that's natural gas, and yes, I do have really good ventilation. . . including an exhaust fan. My combustible gas and CO meter (5 feet from the setup) always read "0."

Thanks for your concern though!!

Here's the pic of the gas line-- (hooked up and tested by a licensed plumber, btw)_
3548-IMG_0161.JPG

Cute kids, and great setup too.

Years from now, your son is going to see these pictures and wonder why he was looking at the camera instead of the St. Pauli girl poster behind him :)

DaveyBoy said:
Cute kids, and great setup too.

Years from now, your son is going to see these pictures and wonder why he was looking at the camera instead of the St. Pauli girl poster behind him :)

He occasionally asks, "daddy, why do you have a picture of a girl in your brewery??"

I just answer. . .. someday you'll understand. . .

Cute squids!

Your brewery sucks, though. I've got one you'd be much happier with, and since I'm such a nice guy, I'd even be willing to make the haul up there to swap with you. Just send me a PM with your address and I can probably be there by... oh I don't know... tomorrow? Yeah, I know. I'm just that kind of guy. ;)

Oh, and you forgot the pic of your kegerator. I might talk myself into accepting that, in case you were trying to think of a way to compensate me for my generosity.

Biermann said:

i like the natural wood. i'd stain it, then shalack the hell out of it, so it's got a gloss like finish that will bead the water up.

Lil' Sparky said:
Cute squids!

Your brewery sucks, though. I've got one you'd be much happier with, and since I'm such a nice guy, I'd even be willing to make the haul up there to swap with you. Just send me a PM with your address and I can probably be there by... oh I don't know... tomorrow? Yeah, I know. I'm just that kind of guy. ;)

Oh, and you forgot the pic of your kegerator. I might talk myself into accepting that, in case you were trying to think of a way to compensate me for my generosity.

well, as much as I appreciate your OVERWHELMING generosity, It would just be too much of me to ask for you to suffer with such a set up. Afterall, its a cross that probably only I should have to bear!!! ;)

Oh, by the way. .. here's my kegerator you asked about. . .

3548-bar1.JPG

uglygoat said:
i like the natural wood. i'd stain it, then shalack the hell out of it, so it's got a gloss like finish that will bead the water up.

Not a bad idea as well. The problem is that the countertop is particle board. I'm not sure how it would take to all that.

Biermann said:
well, as much as I appreciate your OVERWHELMING generosity, It would just be too much of me to ask for you to suffer with such a set up. Afterall, its a cross that probably only I should have to bear!!! ;)

Oh, by the way. .. here's my kegerator you asked about. . .

3548-bar1.JPG

I dig the kegerator. Mo taps, Mo betta

Well that depends on what paint you can get for free :)

I have a daughter due in the next couple weeks. I 've been working on my soda making skills for the last 8 1/2 months.

I hope she's as interested as yours

If you're thinking about painting (I am a steelworker with much painting/coatings experience) and want something that will look good, I have a few suggestions.

You look like you have a pretty extensive brewery so if you're willing to spend a little money, a two part epoxy paint will cure like steel and thus be really easy to clean up and will withstand a tremendous beating. Since you're in the states, I would suggest Sherwin Williams Duraplate-235. It will run you around $100 for both parts of the paint.

Another good coating would be a High-Solids polyurethane (again a two part mixture) It cures like a rubbery plastic but is easy to clean and would probably serve the purpose well.

But if you're like me and don't want to spend $100, an Industrial Alkyd Enamel would do the trick (I think its like $20-$30 for a gallon) just make sure go give it a long time to cure.

Also I would recommend a roller versus a brush for the above three, it will come out thicker on the particle board and will last longer, plus it will look better.

Biermann said:

I used a nice Colonial Maple stain that turned out sexy as all hell! I topped it with three coats of clear polyurethane.

:rockin:

homebrewer_99 said:

Yep. That pic raised my BP 20 points. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I won't let my 4 yr old w/in 4 feet of a kettle unless I've got a grip on her.

Biermann said:
I could tile it, but that would be expensive. . .

Nah... Shop for beige tile on clearance and you do the whole thing done for under 50 bucks.

Back