How not to loosen Lug nuts...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the last line of the story:

"It was not immediately clear whether the shotgun blast loosened the lug nut."

My favorite line as well lol. The worst part is he wasn't even drunk they say. I can't see this coming off as a good idea in any state of mind really. This guy almost put himself up for a Darwin award.

It was not immediately clear whether the shotgun blast loosened the lug nut.

This made my day. I have to admit that I have had a few vehicles in my career that might have received the same treatment had I had a 12 gauge in my toolbox!
:drunk:

This was my favorite line (or part thereof): "...northwest of Southworth, about 10 miles southwest of Seattle."

In case anyone cares or needs to know for future reference...I ended up using a slightly smaller socket than the lug, hammer that sucker on real good and then just use your wrench to get it loose. Comes right off.

Keep in mind, this is for locking lugs...Kinda makes you realize they are useless lol...I will now replace my locking lugs on any vehicles in the future.

The locking ones just make it harder to steal, they certainly don't prevent theft. It takes longer and they make more noise removing them

I guess so...still doesn't make me feel like they do much as far as theft deterent goes. I don't think anyone would care if they heard a few hammer hits. And as for it taking longer, just added a minute or so per wheel.

All I am really saying is that if someone wants your wheels, they will take them via this method. Previously I had thought the locking lugs were pretty good to keep your wheels safe, but after this experience and how simple it was...I don't see the benefit.

Back