How not to light fire

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
meh, thats tame compared to some of the explosions we made as kids....homemade napalm, upside down paintcans, shooting .22 shells with bb guns......

Craig5_12 said:
meh, thats tame compared to some of the explosions we made as kids....homemade napalm, upside down paintcans, shooting .22 shells with bb guns......

Hmmm, ever make a sparkler bomb???? never mind.........

When I was in college I had a couple roomates that used to live in farms in Northern California and lived in the same town. They told me of a story of rigging a 55 gallon drum with a spark plug, a length of wire and a car battery and running the hoses from an oxy-acetylene tanks to the drum.

Ka-boom!

Bernie Brewer said:

My sisters friends tried that once... they thought it would be a good idea to put a can of deoderant in the middle of all that sparkler dust. Luckly someone was still sobre and pointed out how bad of an idea that could of been...

Chrus said:
My sisters friends tried that once... they thought it would be a good idea to put a can of deoderant in the middle of all that sparkler dust. Luckly someone was still sobre and pointed out how bad of an idea that could of been...

Oh you mean kinda like playing around with a bottle of Axe deoderant and a lighter... Scares you when the plastic catches fire and you think the can's gonna explode...

Well, maybe that guy has learned, that when dousing a huge pile of brush with gasoline.. don't spread it all over the damn place. He had gas going everywhere.

And I have never made anything of an explosive nature. <looks both ways>

... that wasn't hella fun. Grade 9, almost blowing my figures off did teach me the value of long wicks or electric igniter's.... Taped a HB pencil core (graphite) to a wick then ran power to both ends of the graphite. Ran wire a fair distance and plugged in power pack. Watch the thing glow then kaboom.

As I got older it's amazing how much safer I became. Lame ass I know.

Of course all the above was in my dreams..... I would NEVER have done anything like that. :D

Oh, check this one out. Totally James Bond. [ame]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44e_1182212825[/ame]

Total chick magnet.
photobar-actuel-4.jpg
photobar-actuel-3.jpg

fusionmajn.jpg

Bernie Brewer said:

Well...not a sparkler...but a Picolo Pete...I guess they're the same thing :D
Those things are awesome and good for impressing/pissing off the neighbors :mug:

I think it is funny that you advertised this as a USA thing. Like we are the only country not thinking.

Gha that idiot! Doesn't he know you're supposed to make a flaming torch and fling it into the bush from a safe distance?

Erm, if I were to do such at thing. Which I wouldn't.

Notice how even the corn in tha background caught on fire? What did he do? Splash gas all around a 30 foot radius BEFORE dumping another can on the bush?

Pretty cool looking burn though.

To quote Beavis. "heh heh, Fire, heh heh, fire, FIRE! heh heh"

Kayos said:
I think it is funny that you advertised this as a USA thing. Like we are the only country not thinking.

I did not say that!

As most people on this board are Americans I had to state that it was to Americans as it involved an American. Of course, evidence to the contrary with regards to being the only country not thinking is most welcome.

(I am in a cheeky bitchy foul mood this morning :p)

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
Well, maybe that guy has learned, that when dousing a huge pile of brush with gasoline.. don't spread it all over the damn place. He had gas going everywhere.

And I have never made anything of an explosive nature. <looks both ways>

... that wasn't hella fun. Grade 9, almost blowing my figures off did teach me the value of long wicks or electric igniter's.... Taped a HB pencil core (graphite) to a wick then ran power to both ends of the graphite. Ran wire a fair distance and plugged in power pack. Watch the thing glow then kaboom.

As I got older it's amazing how much safer I became. Lame ass I know.

Of course all the above was in my dreams..... I would NEVER have done anything like that. :D

Oh, check this one out. Totally James Bond. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44e_1182212825

Total chick magnet.
photobar-actuel-4.jpg
photobar-actuel-3.jpg

fusionmajn.jpg

All I can say is holy crap!

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
I'd be more concerned about fireproofing my nutsack!

I believe the jets are to the sides.

Your nutsack hangs off to the side?

NB: I see this topic going straight into the gutter from here...

Craig5_12 said:

Crap I knew I wasn't the only one :D

My friend shot a shotgun shell with a bb gun once. He still has a piece of shot under the skin by his belly button :D

Anyways that was a funny vid. Gas vapors are not to be messed with irresponsibly!

Back