Sigh...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swankyswede

Reaction score
Doesn't it just make you a little sad when you get the gurgling and foam from the last half-pint of the keg?

Oh well, at least that means I have a free keg for my saison...

It's only devastating if you don't have something ready in the pipeline. And the fact that if I have had too many, I might have sucked a fair amount of yeast into that last 8oz meaning its gonna be a loud night and a scary morning. OH, and lots of I'm sorry's.

It's only devastating if you don't have something ready in the pipeline. And the fact that if I have had too many, I might have sucked a fair amount of yeast into that last 8oz meaning its gonna be a loud night and a scary morning. OH, and lots of I'm sorry's.

Luckily, I have 15 gallons in various stages of production - 5 in bottles ready this weekend, 5 in secondary probably going into keg this weekend, and 5 in primary.

And around here, it's always a loud night and scary morning, regardless of yeast consumption.

I bottle only, but I know what your mean. I hate the sight of the last bottle of a particularly good beer...... Pez.

Depends on the beer I ran out of, and the beer I'm putting in that keg. When I ran out of my Imperial Stout with nothing to replace it last month, I shed a proverbial tear. When I run out of my >flawed< pilsner and replace it with my summer wit, I will rejoice!

That reminds me that I left the 1/3 of a pint from a gurgling tap on top of the kegerator about 10 hours ago. At least I have another keg on tap and over 100 bottles of homebrew in the basement. :mug:

I pulled the last half pint of my hefeweizen last week and I was a saaaaaaaad panda. At least my APA is in secondary now and I'm brewing a batch this weekend!

Also, hello fellow Somerville brewer!

To me there is a parallelism between the sadness of the last pint and the joy of the first pint. The worst is you never know exactly when it will happen.

Back