Propane burner for all-grain sanke kegs.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll tell you what man, from just looking at the pic, the actual burner itself looks a LOT like the square bayou burners that are half the price.

To answer the question though, yeah, it looks like it will work fine.

I got mine at home depot... its the SQ14 or something like that. I got about 8.5 gallons of wort boiling in my keggle in about 20 minutes after mashout and sparging. The temp of the wort in the keggle was about 170ish when it was put on the burner. That is something to keep in mind when considering boiling times when doing full boils in a keggle. You aren't starting with ambient temp. water/wort.

da6d1292-e9c0-434c-a1c1-7c72addb3ebe_300.jpg

SQ14 Bayou Burner at Home Depot

I just saw them for $36 at HD yesterday. Awesome deal for a great burner. That beats the $50 I paid :(

Anyone have an opinion about the best propane burner to get to use with Sanke kegs?

I doing a 3 tier gravity fed system.

Would the Camp Chef model from MoreBeer | Beer Making and Home Brewing Supplies support the weight and heat quickly enough. I want to do 10 gal. batches

Thanks...

Google is your friend. That burner can be found a LOT cheaper than $90.

(You can find it for a lot MORE than $90, too.)

I got mine at home depot... its the SQ14 or something like that. I got about 8.5 gallons of wort boiling in my keggle in about 20 minutes after mashout and sparging. The temp of the wort in the keggle was about 170ish when it was put on the burner. That is something to keep in mind when considering boiling times when doing full boils in a keggle. You aren't starting with ambient temp. water/wort.

SQ14 Bayou Burner at Home Depot

Double time for this burner. :mug:
the only drawback with this model is the black paint burns off during the first couple of fire-ups.

Just curious, but if you're building a 3 tier system, why wouldn't you buy the burner alone (no stand) for your system and save a ton of money?

Bayou burners

He could very well be building the platforms and still using the stands. As long as you bolt everything down, that's not a bad way to go....the stands fit a keg perfectly, and you can easily build in windscreens.

He could very well be building the platforms and still using the stands. As long as you bolt everything down, that's not a bad way to go....the stands fit a keg perfectly, and you can easily build in windscreens.

I understand there are several ways to do it, my question was just to throw out another option for him and at the same time perhaps provide a slight savings on burner stands.

This thread is really old, but I have to ask- I currently have the standard fare SP10 burner/stand combo. Can I attach the regulator that came with the SP10 to the BG14 burner if I wanted to upgrade?

I am welding my own brew stand now, so I don't need the stand.

Latest posts

Back