So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the middle of my boil.

Bavarian Hefeweizen

50% wheat
50% German Pils

90 min Boil
1 oz Hallertau @60min (3.9%)

Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan

no free time this weekend, so i took off today to brew!
millennium falconer's flight ipa (yes, i know it's not at all original) currently mashing

Amarillo/Simcoe/Cascade IPA tomorrow. First brew since November. I know, i'm shamed that its been so long, but i've got 3-4 more already in the pipe for this summer. Hope I have as much free time as i'd like.

5 gallons of a Robust porter that will become an oaked bourbon porter. And 5 gallons of an imperial pilsner.

I plan on brewing a Chinook/Centennial IPA tomorrow. It looks like the weather will actually cooperate. I'm hoping to have this in a keg within three weeks so I don't have to worry about it as my wife's due date approaches.

My last two,to use up most all of my ingredience,except i still have crystal malts left.Pale mild and esb doing a double boil i think. Probably taking a break till winter im pretty overstocked with homebrew.Need to thin the heard a little.There is always research in the meantime.:D

My last two,to use up most all of my ingredience,except i still have crystal malts left.Pale mild and esb doing a double boil i think. Probably taking a break till winter im pretty overstocked with homebrew.Need to thin the heard a little.There is always research in the meantime.:D

I thought I was overstocked, so I took a 6 week break. All of a sudden my pipeline started to dwindle quickly! I found myself having to brew a bunch to bring it back up again. I won't take a break that long again! haha... I can agree with the research thing, though. I did the same thing during that 6 weeks....

Yeah,i can see myself missing brewing in that time,but its research as well. I would like in that time to reevaluate my brewing methods/equipement as well learn things that may have been "under my nose" the whole time. Plus i need to exert my energy towards more household means and i have plenty of brew to keep tame as well.I just gotta put it on the backburner a little to concentrate on other priorities.PLus it wouldnt hurt for me to drink a few beers less:mug:

Yeah,i can see myself missing brewing in that time,but its research as well. I would like in that time to reevaluate my brewing methods/equipement as well learn things that may have been "under my nose" the whole time. Plus i need to exert my energy towards more household means and i have plenty of brew to keep tame as well.I just gotta put it on the backburner a little to concentrate on other priorities.PLus it wouldnt hurt for me to drink a few beers less:mug:

I can relate with that my friend! Part of the reason I took a break was so I could spend more time with my kid.

Yeah,right ?.Its addicting and a bit distracting in a selfish way at times,hate to admit it.Sometimes you need to keep yourself in check.I love brewing but you get in ruts sometimes when you dont see them. Absence and perspective isnt such a bad thing. Im looking forward to it and to brewing again later on.

Brewed a Cherry Wheat yesterday, brewed a DFH 60m IPA clone tonight, and will be brewing the Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout on Sunday. Been procrastinating all three of these recipes for months, time to knock them out so they might be ready for July 4th!

Last wekend, I brewed 10 gallons of Sorachi wheat, and 5 gallons of porter saison. The week before, I brewed 6 gallons of mild. uummmmm, can't wait to drink it all.

Made a last minute decision to brew today, just mashed in on a Best Bitter...those EKGs were giving me the stink eye every time I opened the freezer.

Me and a few buddies brewed up a 10g batch of a Robust Porter yesterday :-D Kegged 10g of a Centennial IPA recently as well. Look forward to having my two favorite beers on tap for a while :-D

I've got a blasphemous brew day slated for tomorrow.

A Pilsen extract and table sugar based, 20 minute boil, finished with Cascade Patersbier. Even though I'll still be using wyeast 3787, I can feel the heat from hell already.

:rockin:

Did my sixth all grain brew, celebrating five months of brewing under my belt (lol). Brewed my second attempt at an ESB, if it works well, I shall call it Lord Nigel Muttonchops ESB. and if it doesn't, it will be AG brew six.

Wrapped up the weekend with an IPA with a good malt backbone and a butt load of flavor and aroma hops.

Designing a recipe for next weekends brew. I'm going to brew up a 9 gallon white peppercorn saison with 2 row and MO, since I don't have any pils. Throwing in some rye and wheat. I'm hoping this will be my summer quencher!

Brewed up my 2nd homebrew tonight. It will be a vanilla bourbon RIS in time, a long time. Good thing I'm patient!

Bottled up my Belgian Whit and started lagering my Okterfest after a d-rest last night. Tonight, brewing up an Amber. Will bottle the Brown ale this weekend.

Back