What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a few brews today!

ForumRunner_20130315_001901.jpg

Had a sip of my Strawberry Blonde. Third straight bottle of pure-cardboard, so finally dumped the last half case tonight.

:tank: Finally! Glad you decided to stop torturing yourself with that batch.

Doing some home improvement and drinking some fine beers tonight.

Also, I packed up some beers to send out to a friend of mine in TX who sent the RU-55 and the Jacobins glass.

How is the RU-55? Sounded pretty good when they were talking about it on the Session.

:tank: Finally! Glad you decided to stop torturing yourself with that batch.

How is the RU-55? Sounded pretty good when they were talking about it on the Session.

RU-55 is pretty good. Its a nice flanders red but not as sour as the jacobs is. It is mighty tasty. i got one more but its for a trade if he ever gets back to me. ;)

On my 2nd cup of nice roasty coffee after having 4 beers last night. Saved some home brew a couple weeks in the fridge for St Patty's day Sunday.

I won a Trip the the Marlboro Ranch in Montana and on the way back home in the Airport I stopped at the little diner they had and found this Tasty Porter. They also have a Brown called Moose Drool. It was great too!!

I always forget to get some of the harvest moon beers to send out on trades.. That pigs a$$ is good and I love their "Beltian White" (Belgian White) that they make. I would compare it to the cracker white wheat from cigar city but with less banana and more orange and coriander. Oh and the big sky beers.... almost sick of them myself but that's cause I get lots of them for free from a co-worker. Actually gave away 2 cases of moose drool yesterday :mug:

I always forget to get some of the harvest moon beers to send out on trades.. That pigs a$$ is good and I love their "Beltian White" (Belgian White) that they make. I would compare it to the cracker white wheat from cigar city but with less banana and more orange and coriander. Oh and the big sky beers.... almost sick of them myself but that's cause I get lots of them for free from a co-worker. Actually gave away 2 cases of moose drool yesterday :mug:

YOU GAVE IT AWAY?!?!?!?! Man I wish I had friends like that lol. There was another one called Trout Slayer it was perty good too. :tank:

Gravity sample of my Galaxy/Citra IPA. This thing is gonna be fantastic. Tastes like passion fruit and mango. And comes in at 8.5% too

YOU GAVE IT AWAY?!?!?!?! Man I wish I had friends like that lol. There was another one called Trout Slayer it was perty good too. :tank:

Yup at Big sky brewing they don't sell the short or overfilled bottles they give them all away to employees as a perk instead. They have so much pilled up that the employees don't take enough and they often times have to dispose of it in the trash..(tax write off i'm sure) Just today my co-worker went to lunch with her husband and they brought me back 2 more free cases... mix and match stuff mostly. trout slayer, moose drool, brush tail, powder hound, etc.. they are great beers but I've lived here forever and have just had them too much :mug:

:off: I'm not drinking anything right now but I picked up some Red Chair to drink later tonight. Also wanted to share a few pics of the local grocery store beer isle I was just in on my lunch hour... they were seriously stocking up! 5 guys from the local distributor were there opening boxes and packing the shelves. Still no brown shugga, but WTF is back now.. oh and more sucks then you can shake a really big stick at for all of you sucks lovers. Surprisingly they had lots of Olivia, and Bigfoot barrel aged 750ml left on the shelves from last week too. :mug:

Edit: "special savings" on the olivia was a price drop from 14.99 to 12.99 not too bad.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

:off: I'm not drinking anything right now but I picked up some Red Chair to drink later tonight. Also wanted to share a few pics of the local grocery store beer isle I was just in on my lunch hour... they were seriously stocking up! 5 guys from the local distributor were there opening boxes and packing the shelves. Still no brown shugga, but WTF is back now.. oh and more sucks then you can shake a really big stick at for all of you sucks lovers. Surprisingly they had lots of Olivia, and Bigfoot barrel aged 750ml left on the shelves from last week too. :mug:

Edit: "special savings" on the olivia was a price drop from 14.99 to 12.99 not too bad.
I just picked up some brown shugga

image-3228035933.jpg

Poked a hole in this one on the ride home (4-bombers, 3-6packs and 4 tall boys is just over the capacity of my saddlebags), so it was warm and pretty flat, I will try this again later before I judge it.

Well u hate it? Or is it carbed better then the last 2 at least?

I don't hate it, I'm having a second glass after moving a stack of wood into the basement. Carb is good, I'd guess 3.2 volumes? Nice lacing, moderate head retention. Some haze, but accepatable for style. Great color, a touch more amber than saison orange perhaps, but I've got the lights off.

Did you say you used Cascade for bittering? To me, it clashes with/covers up some of the yeast character. Did you use 3711? Overall, more bitter and less fruity than what I go for. The brett sacc blend I used give a bunch of tropical and enhances the citrus character in the hops.

I don't hate it, I'm having a second glass after moving a stack of wood into the basement. Carb is good, I'd guess 3.2 volumes? Nice lacing, moderate head retention. Some haze, but accepatable for style. Great color, a touch more amber than saison orange perhaps, but I've got the lights off.

Did you say you used Cascade for bittering? To me, it clashes with/covers up some of the yeast character. Did you use 3711? Overall, more bitter and less fruity than what I go for. The brett sacc blend I used give a bunch of tropical and enhances the citrus character in the hops.
Citra and columbus and all the lhbs had was wlp565 :-(

Back