Cream Ale Fizzy Yellow Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haeffnkr said:
I did not name it :)

But it is still great beer no matter what color it is :)

Thanks Kevin

good point, I will have to try this one. can u decribe what beer it tastes like?

I went from 1.049 to 1.012 in 12 days, I'll rack when one of my taps gets low. Sample tasted like a nice Pilsner with a bit of sweetness. I used Spalt Select for flavoring and aroma, I like it so far. I'll post again once it's on tap.

good point, I will have to try this one. can u decribe what beer it tastes like?

With mine, I lowered the IBU to 19 but still it is perfectly balanced to my taste.
I would also describe it also like a very light pilsner for lack of a better description....
It has a crispness to it with the flavor of the Vienna and is unlike a lot of lighter brews that I have tried (both commercial and homebrew).
The Vienna grain has a flavor all it's own, the beer has flavor but is still very easy to drink any time, or all day :)

I looked at my glass of this beer last night and it is almost identical to the picture in post #62 of this thread.

thanks and good luck
Kevin

Just finished BIAB mash. Ended up with a pre-boil SG of 1.040 and a volume of a bit more than 6.75 gallons. Target post boil volume is 5.5, I might be a little high at OG and volume. I did not lose as much volume in the grain as I expected. Oh well, it is 5 somewhere, time to RDWHAHB.

Sanitized fermenter, hoses, funnel, etc. waiting on boil to start. 200 deg F and rising!!

I really like this beer- let me know how you like it when it's done.

Will do! :mug:I have an IPA to transfer to keg in the next few days, then this one will be right behind it. Probably 3 to 4 weeks to drinking!:ban:

Finished the boil at 1.052 SG. A little low, but should be good and sessionable.

Yeast is pitched, now it's just a waiting game. Well that and finish the cleanup.

Within 3 hours, the blowoff tube was bubbling like a metronome and a good foam layer formed up. Today I have yeast falling to the bottom, and the whole thing is swirling around inside like a snow globe! Very active fermentation. I did change from US-05 to WY1272, but it is also a clean ale yeast, so should be good.

Transferred to keg today, finished out at 1.012. I am going to leave it in keg until I get my new gas lines from Keg Connection. My old one has a leak and the hose clamp won't stop it. I purged the keg and covered the beer with 15lbs, but it is still at room temp.

I'm an IPA guy but this beer just rocks! Drinking mine at about 9 weeks now. I used Perle and Spalt Select hops, finished at 4.9%. This could be in the regular rotation, solid everyday beer.

I followed the recipe exactly and ended at 1.012. Looks and smells great. Just kegged and will be tasting Saturday for the first football game of the year. Should let it rest another week as the sample tasted a tad bitter, but whatever. Thanks for the recipe!

Go Hogs!

I taste tested when I transferred to keg, and it was awesome! Unfortunately, I can't tap it until I get my new gas lines. I only have one gas line right now, so I will be drinking an IPA for kickoff.

Roll Tide!!

Well, I the IPA has been delivering the awesomeness for the Crimson Tide game, but I pulled a pint of the Fizzy Yellow, and wow! It is everything it was promised to be. Very nice crisp ale. Thanks Yoop!

I just bought a bag for my first biab beer and decided that this would be my first all grain beer.:ban:

I went with the original hop profile that Yooper posted and the .5lb munich substitution for .5lb of vienna that chri5 posted. Just ordered all the ingredients a second ago, should be here a little later next week!

I entered the recipe into iBrewmaster but since I am not very experienced with all grain beers (as well as BIAB brewing) I'm having a little trouble deciding what mash steps to enter in to be the most accurate.

Can't wait to get this going!!

Im brewing a DIPA, Ive heard of adding some corn sugar for drying it out. Im not able to find corn sugar, can I add Table sugar?

Thanks

Chefjp said:
Im brewing a DIPA, Ive heard of adding some corn sugar for drying it out. Im not able to find corn sugar, can I add Table sugar?

Thanks

Wrong thread but yeah, table sugar is fine.

I was originally planning on brewing this for some non-craft beer drinking friends. However, they seemed to really like my last APA so now I'm thinking I might throw .5oz of Amarillo in at flame out (instead of the tett) or maybe at around 5-10min. Can anyone tell me if this might be a bad idea?

Cheers :D

Hey all, new brewer here.

How cold do I need to get this in my secondary? My basement is at around 61.5 degrees, perfect for the fermentation, but not sure what temp range I should be looking for, for the secondary.

Thanks for the advice.

*edit*

Looked at the beersmith file, first question answered.

shataway said:
Brewed up 11 gallons yesterday. 5.5g with US-05, 5.5g with SO-4. Thanks Yooper!

Very nice recipe. I liked the US-05 version better since it seemed to be cleaner with more of a German taste. Definitely a brewover which I will kick up a notch next time! Thanks Yooper!

I just opened a bottle of this, that I brewed a month agofor my wife. Great little brew, that will satisfy the BMC crowd, but I am going to keep my batch close to the hilt. I will defiantly brew this again for a lawnmower beer.

I took some of my first batch of this to my mother-in-law's house and stuck them in the fridge. Had one about 10 months later and it was really good. It was better than it was when it was young, or I didn't remember how good it was...:drunk:

I kegged a batch of this yesterday. Took a little taste after letting it sit on the gas for 24 hours. Wow. It's absolutely fantastic.

This beer is even a bit much for my dad, who said my cream ale was "almost as good as MGD", for what it's worth!

This was "bumped" at a sort of crazy time.

My dad died suddenly last week, and I haven't been on the forum.

He had an opened cream ale (Genny) in the fridge at the time. And suddenly I saw this post and it reminded me so much of my dad.

Thank you guys for that!

This was "bumped" at a sort of crazy time.

My dad died suddenly last week, and I haven't been on the forum.

He had an opened cream ale (Genny) in the fridge at the time. And suddenly I saw this post and it reminded me so much of my dad.

Thank you guys for that!

Sorry for your family's loss in the passing of your father. I recall reading in earlier posts how much he enjoyed some of your brews like this recipe. I thought I would move this recipe to the top of my brew list in memory of all of parents that have passed on.

My only brewing problem is that I don't have any US-05 on hand but I do have a starter going for White Labs 060 American Ale. Does anyone think it might be a good yeast for this beer?

http://morebeer.com/view_product/6038/103731/White_Labs_-_American_Ale_Yeast_Blend

Sorry for your family's loss in the passing of your father. I recall reading in earlier posts how much he enjoyed some of your brews like this recipe. I thought I would move this recipe to the top of my brew list in memory of all of parents that have passed on.

My only brewing problem is that I don't have any US-05 on hand but I do have a starter going for White Labs 060 American Ale. Does anyone think it might be a good yeast for this beer?

http://morebeer.com/view_product/6038/103731/White_Labs_-_American_Ale_Yeast_Blend

I've never used that strain, but it sure sounds perfect!

I am definitely a noob to this and still do extract, but I purchased BeerSmith and added this recipe. I converted to extract and it just says use Pale Liquid Malt extract in place of the Viena and Pilsner. I suppose the flavor would be significantly different than if I did all-grain for this beer right?

I am definitely a noob to this and still do extract, but I purchased BeerSmith and added this recipe. I converted to extract and it just says use Pale Liquid Malt extract in place of the Viena and Pilsner. I suppose the flavor would be significantly different than if I did all-grain for this beer right?

Yes, totally different. I know you can buy pilsen extract, and Munich extract- so maybe sub the Munich extract for the Vienna malt and pilsen extract for the pilsner malt.

how do you think this would fare with primary temps around 68-70??

It would be less 'clean' and fruitier tasting, and less lager-like and no longer a hybrid type of beer but instead a regular ale.

I did this about a month ago. pretty light and tasty. I was thinking about doing it again with Mexican Lager yeast. Has anybody tried this as a lager?

I brewed this and everything went really well. It tasted great before I kegged it then I let it natually carb in the keg for a week then put it in the fridge with 10lbs c02 on it. I tasted it the next day to see how it was coming along and was really impressed. Then like 2 or 3 days later I do another taste test and its got a sort of perfume taste to it. I only can taste it through my nose when I swallow. Its not terrible but isn't as good as it was. Why would it suddenly have that kind of taste? I'm hoping time will fix it. I've been trying it over the last 2 weeks and no change.

Just got all the ingredients for this beer today. This'll be my first AG woohoo. Thanks for the easy recipe Yooper! As I'm a self admitted BMC drinker I'm hopin this will ease me into the world of "good tasting beer". We will see...

Back