Cantillon Brewery Pics from Belgium

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...that "museum" looks like an old thrift store. I guess I always have this romantic vision in my head of these old stalwarts, but they're rarely accurate. My luck, Abbay Rochefort is probably a metal warehouse ;).

See those crates? That's what I want for my bottles. Awesome design. I'm gonna steal it! Now I just need a branding iron with my as-yet-undesigned logo on it. :D

Just goes to show that you don't have to have millions invested in equipment to create great beer.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Cantillion is an awesome place to visit. I just wish I could have been there when they were brewing. I'm sure you feel the same.

6704-IMG_5804.JPG

Where else did you go in Belgium?

We only did two brewery tours while in Belgium/Netherlands. We did Cantillon and the t'ij Brewery in Amsterdam.

BUT, we did hit up some sweet bars. Delerium Cafe in Brussels was outstanding w/ their 2000 beers available. Guy looked at us funny when we asked for the 'menu.' It was about the size of a dictionary.

Also went to Brugge and drank at Cambrinus (Brugs Beertje was closed). The Golum in Amsterdam was a cool little place right across from this kick ass beer shop The Cracked Kettle.

It was about 6 days of just drinking tasty Belgium brews. Best trip I ever took.

Chris - great post, I am a student doing study abroad in London right now and will am making a trip to Brussels 4 days / 3 nights starting the 25th of October. I am going to try to taste as much beer as I can and I just may have to look that place up that you mentioned.

Latest posts

Back