My Cascade is growing like crazy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsmith82

Reaction score
2011-08-26172317.jpg

Took this picture yesterday, had to share it. We weren't even supposed to get hops this year, just establish roots. If I get at least 2oz, it's SMaSH time!

Ugh. Makes me regret not grabbing rhizomes this year. Had the perfect setup for it with plenty of space, but didn't think I had the time to take care of them (which, it turns out, I had plenty of...:mad:).

After four years our two cascade plants are finally taking off. Used three ounces at flame out last week for a pork roast pale ale. Stuff smells great.

I have 3 first year cascades, I will get at least a pound off of them. That is if this hurricane doesn't destroy them

Yeah, I worry about losing some in the storm but those that survive will make some tenacious beer, no?

I'm with you Champurrado, but it sounds like the wind will be somewhat muted by the time it gets out here. Fingers crossed.

I had seven 1st year cascades this year, even managed to keep them through an awful heat wave we had. Two of the plants (the ones with good morning sun) took off, I'll probably get four or five ozs out of each of them. I should get at least something out of three others. One never got more than 2 ft high and I lost the other to something, don't know what (some kind of soil deficiency, I think).

You guys on the coast be safe..

Our cascade and columbus went crazy this year even with the insane heat, saaz and tett are doing ok, the hal bit the dust.. First time ever growing hops for me, 4 out of 5, not bad I suppose

Latest posts

Back