Fellow Jeepers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else drive a Jeep (dumb question), and live the "Jeep Lifestyle"?

Here's my two Jeeps. The black one is Apocalypse, the 2010 JK I'm building now. I just re-shoed her two days ago. 285/75/R16 Rocky Mountain ATS by Falken on 16" Black Rock's. I'm going for all black with this one. The only other mods so far are mirror relocation, Bushwacker Flat Fenders, MBRP Exhaust, and stubby bumper mod.

The white one is my '98 TJ that I sold in '05 after my divorce. That things was hooked up from soup to nuts and was one bad-ass Jeep. Headers, exhaust, 6" of lift, 35"s (No lockers, but where I am they are pretty much pointless) - I miss her, but have much more money to play with now, so Apocalypse will be bigger and better. I miss the lift though... have to wait on that until my daughter is out of a car seat :(

I know someone on here has to have a truly bad-ass Jeep. Let's see them!

200459_1833913177788_1539187712_1898352_1427872_n.jpg

121005 - The Jeep.jpg

I drive a KJ, stock, everyone seems to hate on the KJ's so I don't flaunt it that much, though I love it will drive nothing but Jeep from this point forward.

My entire driving life.

78 CJ5 then 89 Wrangler then 91 Wrangler ........ Now 82 CJ7 collecting dust waiting for me to finish it.

I drive a KJ, stock, everyone seems to hate on the KJ's so I don't flaunt it that much, though I love it will drive nothing but Jeep from this point forward.

I've never seen one modded in person, but would love to based on what I've seen online. My friend has one and loves it. Obviously you need to mod to get the capability of a Wrangler, BUT, you have much more room in there, which is my biggest Wrangler complaint. Cherokees are too big for me, so they are out of the question.

Driving a 07 Jk unlimited. Convinced the wife it was a family vehicle since it had 4 doors (well in the winter anyways :p )

CIMG0051.jpg

CIMG0052.jpg

Old pics. Will get some new this summer. She's changed a bit since then4

First things were the poor mans grill inserts and chopping the stock bumper

Edit: Will repost the pic after I take out the nice license plate shot

I drove blue a 95 YJ in Highschool. And my dad drives a 03 TJ.

I sold mine when I went to college because it wasn't reliable enough, but now I really regret it! Can't wait till I can afford to buy another one.

99 TJ with 2.5" lift and 31" BFG AT. Its just the extra car we drive around in the summer.

03 WJ with 2.5" lift and 31" Goodyear MTR tires. Wifes daily driver. Getting replaced next month with a JK unlimited.

Mine: 02 TJ Sport with a 2" BB and 31" Firestone Destination MTs
SWMBO: 07 WK Laredo

Past
89 YJ- my first jeep. 4 Cylinder TBI, 5 speed, no power steering, when I first got it it didn't even have a radio but I loved that thing.
98 XJ with 4.5" RE lift, 32" MTR's, 4:10's, F/R ARB's, skids, winch.

I think this summer we are going to get another Grand. We both really like the New 2011 Grands but I figure we should give them a year to work the bugs out. We have a POS Lumina that my wife has had sine high school. I can finally get rid of that and have 3 Jeeps in the driveway.

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

'99 Cherokee. Stock though. I don't see the appeal in spending tons of money on a vehicle just to try and break it...

Went Jeeping last year with a buddy who has a newer Wrangler Rubicon. We went out on a trail on Drumond Island. After a few miles on the road he asked how I was doing. Without laughing I said, "Fine. I haven't even put it in 4-wheel yet..." I think he was a little miffed because he had just spent a bunch of money on some decent mud tires and I have fairly worn BFG AT/KOs.

I'm going to hate trying to find another vehicle when the Cherokees are all gone...

Back