Looking for Home Brew Store in Delaware?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhighnmighty

Reaction score
I'm looking for a home brew store within driving distance of Newark, Delaware (i.e. 100 miles). :mug:

For those of you without a map ;) Newark,Delaware is about 45 mins. south of Philadelphia and 45 min.s Northeast of Baltimore.

If anyone knows of any stores near me or a URL where I can look up home brew stores in my area, I would appreciate the feedback. :cool:

Nice! I used to live off Walther Rd., down by Stewart's Brewing Co. I often wonder if I would have gotten into the hobby if I still lived down there. Maybe I would have!

If you ever come down south there is a shop out near Millsboro. The owner, Doug, helped Sam from Dogfish when he was getting ready to open the brewpub back in the 90s. Doug is a real nice guy and is passionate about brewing. He's only open on Saturday's though.
Delmarva Brewing Craft

Thanks for the advice guys.

"How do you Brew" is only about 10 minutes from my house.

I'm heading down to Ocean City this week I might hit up the Delmarva Brewing Craft shop next week.

Check How do you Brew`s store Hours before ya go.

I think They close Sunday and Monday.

+1 for "How do you Brew".....very nice people and very helpful..... And if you live in Newark..... they're really close.....lol

I've bought stuff at HDYB before as well. Good prices (especially for a LHBS, and WAY cheap compared to Philadelphia) and friendly staff to boot.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I recently discovered How do You Brew. The place is awesome. The prices are fair and the owners are very nice.

I just upgraded my equipment. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

:tank:

+10 to HDYB. They are fantastic there, good prices, great owners.

Wish I was still down at UD to buy there!

wow, a lot more Delaware brewers here than I thought. Are you guys members of any clubs or anything? I'm in Pike Creek

I vote for http://www.delmarvabrewingcraft.com/ as well. When you are down this way of course. Doug is an incredibly nice guy and extremely knowledgeable.

Yup, I have had nothing but good experiences with xtreme/delmarva brewing & Doug. I like HDYB too, but its more of a hike for me from Dover. Now that Delmarva Brewing has the Lewes location, it's the perfect excuse to go to the beach :ban:

Back