Triple Trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
I had no clue where to post this picture, so I'm going for this area.

triple_threat.jpg

The darkest one is the maple wine, the middle is the mead and the last is the cyser.

What were your batch sizes of each and what are they currently being held in...bottles?

They do look good!

Spyk'd said:
What were your batch sizes of each and what are they currently being held in...bottles?

5 gallons each, and they're still in the carboys. I pulled some samples and put them in empty water bottles.

Those look really good Cheese. The Maple Wine has an amazing color and the Cyser looks really nice too. The Mead looks a little cloudy. How is it disappointing?

Excellent tho. :rockin:

Ize

Ize said:
Those look really good Cheese. The Maple Wine has an amazing color and the Cyser looks really nice too. The Mead looks a little cloudy. How is it disappointing?

Excellent tho. :rockin:

Ize

The flavor of the mead just isn't very good, but I know that I shouldn't expect it to be good for about a year.

The Maple Wine might need something to restart fermentation. I checked the grav on it and it's at about 1.060. I didn't do an O.G., but I was hoping to get it down a little further.

How about some pics of the fermentors?

I love the idea of maple wine, but I can't get past the price of 2 gallons of maple syrup...

...just what the hell did that cost? Do you have a maple tree in your backyard?

That being said, I'll be trying it if I can find a cheap source.

:p

Back