MD/DC grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously I'm too late to get into this order...how often do you guys place orders? I'd like to get in on the next one.

I'm new to this thread. I'd like like to get in on the next buy. One sack of CMC Superior Pilsen and one of Fawcett Golden Promise?

Can I get the location for pickup. Is it better to pickup Sunday since the late delivery time? I will bring cash and do you need the samples cold?

I just realized it is not Friday ( I am bummed gonna have a beer now). I can by anytime to help unload if needed.

ill be off sunday AM judging.... samples dont have to be cold. :)

you cab be bummed, im gonna have some meade. ill post when the palate is in.

just talked to NEMF (who I dont like) and they said 630,well i wont be here then... so they will reappoint the delivery, hopefully that can be for monday, if not next friday. this sucks.

I'm not going to be able to pick up til next week but I'm definitely coming!

Hopefully my spot on the waiting list for the rebel mill will shortly move to the top so I can grind this stuff once I get it!

Dammit! You collect magnetic bottle openers! I bought a bottle opener just for you for my next purchase, but it's not magnetic. Oh well, you are getting it anyway.

A question for everyone...what do you use to store grains? Do you use the orange Homer buckets? There does not seem to be any definitive answer on their food safe-ness, and I would never ferment in one, but is there a danger in storing grains in it?

Dammit! You collect magnetic bottle openers! I bought a bottle opener just for you for my next purchase, but it's not magnetic. Oh well, you are getting it anyway.

A question for everyone...what do you use to store grains? Do you use the orange Homer buckets? There does not seem to be any definitive answer on their food safe-ness, and I would never ferment in one, but is there a danger in storing grains in it?

its all good!

I use home buckets-and they are food grade...

Homer's are HDPE 2 which is the same material milk, water and juice come in. You should be fine storing grain in them. I do and have never noticed any difference in taste or smell. You need 2 per 50 lb sack. You can also use pet food containers or buy fancy lids for the Homer's, etc. depending on your budget and level of paranoia :D

Hey Stefin,

Can you put me down for a sack each on the next order?

TF Maris Otter
Great Western 2-row
Best Malz Pilsen

Thanks. Any good beers you judged Sunday? We got a ceder aged black IPA that was fantastic. Cheers!

Nick

Hey Stefin,

Can you put me down for a sack each on the next order?

TF Maris Otter
Great Western 2-row
Best Malz Pilsen

Thanks. Any good beers you judged Sunday? We got a ceder aged black IPA that was fantastic. Cheers!

Nick

got it!

as to sunday... MD brewers dont make good Belgians apparently. the Wit was the only one worth noting at all. kinda sad.

Repost- I'm new to this thread. I'd like like to get in on the next buy. One sack of CMC Superior Pilsen and one of Fawcett Golden Promise?

I have never done a group buy,but am in.

Please put me down for a sack each of the Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter and Great Western 2-row. Thanks

Hello, new to this thread as well. Could I put in an order for some Great Western Northwest Pale Ale malt? Thanks!

Hey Stefin, I would like to get in on the next buy please. I would like a 1- TF Golden Promise, and 1-CMC Pilsen .

Please add 1 sack each of Great Western 2 row and Pale Ale. And 1 sack of Bairds Maris Otter.

3 total.

Thank you, Stefin.

Stefin can you switch my order from 2 sacks of Bairds MO to 2 sacks of Great Western 2-row? Thanks!

Steve da sleeve(s)

I just realized I will be on vacation Oct 4 to the 11. Will this screw up the works at all as far as picking up the grains if they come then? Noob here.

no chance they will be here that soon... and anyways, its never an issue. I would prefer not to hold grain for more than a couple of months.. but ive done it before.

also, I need this order to be delivered before November... so step it up people!:D

Any idea when this will be ordered? I'm completely out of base grain, had to do an all Munich IPA which, actually, might be pretty good!

Steve da sleeve

Any idea when this will be ordered? I'm completely out of base grain, had to do an all Munich IPA which, actually, might be pretty good!

Steve da sleeve

Steve I have 2+ bags of 2 row on hand, if you want one let me know and I can order another and keep you brewin'.

Stefin: add a sack on Bairds MO for me.

Back