Favorite Homebrewing Blogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuttsjp

Reaction score
Cheers to all the bloggers and blogreaders out there! :mug:

I was wondering what homebrew blogs people really like to read. My current favorites, all of which have provided me with invaluable brewing information and have just inspired me to brew more and better beer, are The Mad Fermentationist, Ryan Brews (very similar to the mad fermentationist and also well known), and the unsung hero of the lot, Don Osborn (who also has some really wonderful YouTube videos).

As you will see from my signature, I also keep a blog of my brewing. I think it serves as a great reference for oneself and others. I have only been brewing for a year and a half, but I became very obsessed--and rather advanced--very quickly. I have also been blogging since the very beginning. Mine does not possess the wealth of information of my more experienced brethren, but I like to think of it as up-and-coming. Check it out if you get a chance :tank:

Anyway, I would love for people to let me know what their favorite brew blogs to read are (or if any of you has a blog worth reading), because I love seeing what other people are doing with their brewing. For me it is nothing but exciting and inspiring. Post 'em up!

I read a lot of the ones mentioned so far. I'll add http://braukaiser.com/blog/ It contains a lot of well planned and thought out information that is a result of good science and experimentation.

| I'll also toss out a shameless plug to my brewing blog
|
|
V

Great responses so far! Also very honored that two of the foremost homebrew bloggers on the web have graced this thread with their opinions. I've already followed all of the links on here (including the shameless personal plugs!) and they are really phenomenal. Gotta love all that great information out there! Lots of talented people just doing their thing and being gracious enough to share it with the world :mug:

And Ryan, I'm brewing up my own incarnation of your Belgian Table Beer tomorrow. Really looking forward to it!

And Ryan, I'm brewing up my own incarnation of your Belgian Table Beer tomorrow. Really looking forward to it!

Which version? I still like the original the best

You'll have to let me know how it goes though, Im always interested in hearing other peoples opinions on a recipe

great thread... some here I already follow, but lots of new stuff to look at. good thing I'm bored at work.

Also, I'll plug my own too if that's cool...

HopRiverAles

Which version? I still like the original the best

You'll have to let me know how it goes though, Im always interested in hearing other peoples opinions on a recipe

I basically did the original, but with EKG instead of Fuggle and a full ounce of Hallertauer instead of Mt. Rainier for bittering. Same IBU and OG, hops added at the same time during the boil, same yeast, and a nearly identical grain bill/mash schedule. Brew day was yesterday and went great, so I'll let you know how it comes out.

I wanted to *bump* this and see if anyone else has any good ones to suggest to the rest of us. Thanks for all of the great suggestions and for visiting my blog (100 hits in four days!).

Back