Cobb county brewer here, anyone else?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Woodstock, trickum and 92!

Right next to you behind the "Six Flags over Jesus", or the "Mall of God" if you will (aka Woodstock First Baptist). I love meeting fellow brewers, and trading some good beer. PM me if interested.

Woodstock peeps!

Me and a buddy are brewing tomorrow if anyone wants to come over. I'm off 92/Trickum as well, just a couple streets from sleepyemt. We'll probably get going around 3:00, brewing a Nut Brown Ale.

Drop me a PM if you'd like to stop by.

Someone need to open something on the westside. We got no homebrew love over here. Its a 45 minute drive to brewmasters whse, and thats the closest place to buy grain ingredients.

Kennesaw home brewer here. I've been brewing since 2009ish. I've been doing partial mashes, but I'm about to make the jump into all grain in the next month.

Are there any homebrewer get togethers in our area? I'd love sample other people's brews and get feedback on mine.

Kennesaw home brewer here. I've been brewing since 2009ish. I've been doing partial mashes, but I'm about to make the jump into all grain in the next month.

Are there any homebrewer get togethers in our area? I'd love sample other people's brews and get feedback on mine.

I'm in kennesaw near Mack Dobbs and Stilesboro.

There is a store on bells that has homebrew stuff including grains, yeast and pretty much everything you need to brew a batch. It is called Dogwood Growlers. It's just north of 92. Even open on Sunday. www.dogwoodgrowlers.com They seem like beer lovers and good people. I have been meaning to drop in and help support someone that had the nerve to do what I wish I could do. I think I will make it a point to go today.

There is a store on bells that has homebrew stuff including grains, yeast and pretty much everything you need to brew a batch. It is called Dogwood Growlers. It's just north of 92. Even open on Sunday. www.dogwoodgrowlers.com They seem like beer lovers and good people. I have been meaning to drop in and help support someone that had the nerve to do what I wish I could do. I think I will make it a point to go today.

They are good people, I was there just yesterday. Got me a refill with Terrapin Moo-hoo and it's the only place my wife can find Ace Pear Cider. It's a nice place.

I just left there. Great place and great people. I will be back to refill my growler and prob get my next batch from there. My son played some foose ball while we figured out what I was looking for in my beer. Found out it was left handed week sauce. Delish! But moo hoo is my winter go to next to NITRO.

Hey ya'll from up in Hall County. Been brewin for almost a year now. I did a few extract and a few Partial mash now. Just made an STC-1000 temp controller with a mini fridge to control temps. That's the absolute best thing I could have done!! I have an Oktoberfest lagering as we speak :rockin: it's been lagering for a month now and boy is it tasty! I am lovin the addiction! I'm asking Santa for a keg setup for Christmas :D any suggestions for something local? Or are they all overpriced?

I live in KSaw, recently in Dallas. I've always thought the Paulding/West Cobb area deserved a homebrew store. Decent local prices always trump mail order for me. I've also been looking for a local brew club. Date and Time is never going to work for everyone but I'm willing to help get it started even with my busy schedule. PM if you're interested and maybe we can get something growing. I love brewing during fall and winter months.

They have a good bit of stuff. Lots of base grains and a bit of specialty malts, lots of hops, yeast and they will crush your grains if you need them to. I will get a recipe together and email it to them as soon a I figure pit what I want to brew next. Spoke with the owner and he said they are putting an online ordering system together and you can just order online. I have bought all but 1 batch from BW and they have been good to me. I like the fact that this guy is living the dream. Awesome!

I live in KSaw, recently in Dallas. I've always thought the Paulding/West Cobb area deserved a homebrew store. Decent local prices always trump mail order for me. I've also been looking for a local brew club. Date and Time is never going to work for everyone but I'm willing to help get it started even with my busy schedule. PM if you're interested and maybe we can get something growing. I love brewing during fall and winter months.
Correction, the west ga area DESIRES a homebrew store! I would brew twice as much if I didnt have to drive 45 minutes each way to get ingredients. And I know many people interested until they ask "where do you buy the stuff to make it?"

Do they stock a good amount of ingredients? This place just makes more sense for me to drive to than brewmasters warehouse.
If you're scared to use the phone (don't be... tell him that crazy brit Andy said to call, he'll warm right up to ya), or just email Ernesto, he'll get back to you with in / out of stock
:rockin:

k_mcarthur said:
They are good people, I was there just yesterday. Got me a refill with Terrapin Moo-hoo and it's the only place my wife can find Ace Pear Cider. It's a nice place.
+1 on that. I've always used BMW, but lately they've had a lot of stock issues... My last recipe needed some smoked malt and BMW told me they had everything but that but they'd be getting more that night. While I was in there another guy who had been told that his order would be ready at 4pm (it was now 5:30) had driven an hour to pick up his order only to be told that they didn't have all of his order either! I had heard about Dogwood Growlers so I figured I'd call them to see if they had what I needed - they did and the guy offered to have it ready for me by the time it arrived. Turns out these guys are closer to me than BMW and have better prices when buying in bulk (I was quoted $40/bag of 2-row vs $45 at BMW) and they don't mind ordering sacks of grain for you if eh don't have it in stock. I'm much more likely to use these guys moving forward. Not to mention I can pick up a growler at the same time!

Just picked up 2 batches Saturday and could not have been better. Look forward to many more. Also got home and realized I was out of starsan just ran up and grabbed a bottle.

Hey guys. I just started All-grain brewing a few months ago. Been brewing for over a year. Do not have much experience, but looking for someone to brew with one weekend and get some knowledge. I am in woodstock town lake area. Thanks for the info on the local brew supplies I drive by it everyday and had no idea! Will stop there after work!

Hey guys. I just started All-grain brewing a few months ago. Been brewing for over a year. Do not have much experience, but looking for someone to brew with one weekend and get some knowledge. I am in woodstock town lake area. Thanks for the info on the local brew supplies I drive by it everyday and had no idea! Will stop there after work!

I'm a newbie myself so not sure how much knowledge I can share but I brew a couple Saturdays a month. I'm in Woodstock off Trickum & 92. Drop me a PM if you'd like to join us some time. Also check out the Woodstock Malt Monkeys on Facebook, homebrew club that meets once a month at Jump Kitchen. Their planning a holiday brew competition for January.

Hope y'all got some of the cinnamon rolled wake n bake from Terrapin. I really like this. Just enough sweetness, cinnamon and coffee to make my tastebuds dance.

image-1451148147.jpg

Hope y'all got some of the cinnamon rolled wake n bake from Terrapin. I really like this. Just enough sweetness, cinnamon and coffee to make my tastebuds dance.

I went over and toured the brewery a couple weeks ago and they had it on draft. Unfortunately I think my taste buds were a bit tapped out by the time I drank it as I didn't get much cinnamon. Still a good beer but just reminded me of regular WnB.

On another note, they had a cask of a Moo Hoo variant that was aged on bourbon, oak and cocoa nibs, they may have even said vanilla beans but my memory is fuzzy. One of the greatest beers I've had. Terrapin has said that next years reserve releases (predicting 4 of them) will be a chile beer, pumpkin beer and something barrel aged. I hope that one is the barrel aged beer they release.

I will be honest. I fvckin love terrapin. They do a really good job. I have been thee once and will go again soon. They had liquid bliss on tap last time I went and I had to sit and tailgate in the parking lot for an hour before I could leave. But this CRWNB is really good. Just the right enough sweetness to gut the bitter. A+ if I could get this all winter with LHBs Nitro I would be set. We should plan a trip to the brewery or another loCal brewery ie; red brick, red hare, burnt hickory. Right

I will be honest. I fvckin love terrapin. They do a really good job. I have been thee once and will go again soon. They had liquid bliss on tap last time I went and I had to sit and tailgate in the parking lot for an hour before I could leave. But this CRWNB is really good. Just the right enough sweetness to gut the bitter. A+ if I could get this all winter with LHBs Nitro I would be set. We should plan a trip to the brewery or another loCal brewery ie; red brick, red hare, burnt hickory. Right

Burnt Hickory's not that far from me and those guys are making magic over there. I'm definitely game for an HBTGA brewery meet up at any of the breweries.

I've been to Red Hare, Burnt Hickory, Terrapin, Sweetwater and Three Taverns so far, always open to check out another one.

I only ended up with 3 thanks to friends and family. But I did not go to 2 stores that I found them at. Could not spend 60 bucks on 5 beers. I can brew 10 gallons for that. Won't be as good but who cares after 5-6 of them. I will say it again. They are glorious.

I only ended up with 3. But I did not go to 2 stores that I found them at. Could not spend 60 bucks on 5 beers. I can brew 10 gallons for that. Won't be as good but who cares after 5-6 of them. I will say it again. They are glorious.

Yea i got that many so I can trade and give some as gifts but I'll keep a couple for myself haha

I had asked a small store by my house if they were getting any in and the owner made sure and then called me and asked how many I wanted. Told him 4 and then found 3 more on my lunch break before heading there after work to pick them up

I have been looking around for some and can't find it. Where did you guys find any? I am located down in atlanta but come up to kennesaw/acworth/marietta all of the time.

Someone need to open something on the westside. We got no homebrew love over here. Its a 45 minute drive to brewmasters whse, and thats the closest place to buy grain ingredients.

You can also go Just Brew it in fayetteville. Not that bad of a drive actually, great inventory and even nicer guys.

Burnt Hickory's not that far from me and those guys are making magic over there. I'm definitely game for an HBTGA brewery meet up at any of the breweries.

I've been to Red Hare, Burnt Hickory, Terrapin, Sweetwater and Three Taverns so far, always open to check out another one.

Co-sign on that, They are doing some really cool stuff up there and they are quickly getting a huge gathering. They have a tasting once a month for $10 and you get a glass with 4 tickets to get 4 oz pours. They also have special tastings every hour that doesn't use your 4 tickets. I try to go to as many as I can. The next one is this saturday from 12-5. Highly recommend you guys go if you can make it. They make some awesome high ABV beer. I'll be there hope to see you guys!

From there status update on FB:

HEY HEY HEY HO HO HO!

Noggin Knocker Day is only a mere 4 days away!

This Saturday. The annual Release of The Beast will happen.

NOGGIN KNOCKER. our Rum Barrel Aged Egg Nog Milk Stout will be pouring. TWO KEGS ONLY. Starts at NOON. Special Custom pint glasses will be available as well!

Also Pouring!

*OLD WOODEN HEAD our award winning Imperial IPA. Hide yr pliny's and yr toppers. OWH is 10.5% ABV.

*MEAT PUPPETS "Lake of Fire" Imperial Red Rye. It's the preliminary PRE barreled version. The majority of this brew is going into a Rye Whiskey barrel for FULL release in late spring. But we will be pouring the Fresh version Saturday! You KNOW you want this check in!

*THE FIGHTING BISHOP Green Peppercorn Trippel 9% ABV.. Peppery Belgians are good... mmm... belgian.

*CANNON DRAGGER . IPA. 8.5% FRESH BATCH Kegged on 12/18.

* ZEKE. our pale ale. 6.5%

SPECIALS.

Bad news.. due to Iron Man Dan Rosen's leg surgery this week, MAZURT will NOT be pouring Saturday. Look for it in January.

NEVER FEAR though... good stuff await.

1pm CANNON CLASHER Vol 10 "Jimmy Jazz" Number 10 in our year long tribute to The Clash and their landmark LP "London Calling". THis time it's Peppermint Bark IPA. Chocolate and peppermint!

2pm YE OLDE WOOD in MY HEAD . A spruce (think xmas tree in a glass) version of Old Wooden Head. Again. YOU WANT THIS!

3pm SOUR VON. YES! you read it right. The Nizzy has done it again! He has taken our Apple XXXmas Ale and made a small amount of truly mouth puckering full on bugged apple sour.

4pm THE BLOODY BISHOP. Cranberry version of our trippel makes it's return.

ALSO LOOK FOR A TOUR ONLY BEER AS WELL.
(hint whiskey? Chocolate? Honey? Coffee? Oatmeal? High ABV?)

THIS SATURDAY RAIN OR SHINE. 12-5pm!

(if raining we will have plenty of tents and inside space for you all. No worries)

and PS> HAPPY FREAKING HOLIDAYS!

I currently live in Villa rica, but will be moving to the Gwinnett Area in the next few months, I need to find some brewing Buddies!!

I currently live in Villa rica, but will be moving to the Gwinnett Area in the next few months, I need to find some brewing Buddies!!

I live up in Gainesville, but I go to the homebrew store in Buford. It's a great store! The guy that owns it has been brewing a VERY long time. He has great advice, his prices are very reasonable, and he's more than willing to help any way he can.

I have been looking around for some and can't find it. Where did you guys find any? I am located down in atlanta but come up to kennesaw/acworth/marietta all of the time.

I got mine at Bullock's and Lucky's in Woodstock. Sprayberry and Bullock's in Marietta got it as well. I talked to one other shop that said there's still a possibility he'll get some next week, although I've heard from others that everything had shipped.

I got mine at Bullock's and Lucky's in Woodstock. Sprayberry and Bullock's in Marietta got it as well. I talked to one other shop that said there's still a possibility he'll get some next week, although I've heard from others that everything had shipped.

I guess I missed it all. Might try to find some places to check in alpharetta on my lunch break today but I am not very optimistic.:(

I live up in Gainesville, but I go to the homebrew store in Buford. It's a great store! The guy that owns it has been brewing a VERY long time. He has great advice, his prices are very reasonable, and he's more than willing to help any way he can.

I didn't know there was one in Buford, thats around the area i'm moving too. I was going to go to Lilburn Home brew.

I didn't know there was one in Buford, thats around the area i'm moving too. I was going to go to Lilburn Home brew.

Yup. It's called Buford beer and wine supply and its located in the old town Buford area. Like I said, its a great store. The owner is retired and as he says, "the store gives me something to do other than watch Fox News." Great prices, great selection, and great service. I have one in Gainesville, but the owner was rude, he has RIDICULOUS prices, and I just overall didn't like it.

Yup. It's called Buford beer and wine supply and its located in the old town Buford area. Like I said, its a great store. The owner is retired and as he says, "the store gives me something to do other than watch Fox News." Great prices, great selection, and great service. I have one in Gainesville, but the owner was rude, he has RIDICULOUS prices, and I just overall didn't like it.

Thanks for the heads up. I have been to Venus Wine on Hamilton, he has a great selection of beer, mainly high ABV and Belgians if you're in to that kind of thing :D

Woot! Found some Cinnamon Rolled at Royal Liquor on Old Milton. A bit out of cobb but they did just get their shipment in so that means more is coming out.

Back