• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boston Condo - Built In Beer Taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyoder

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We're trying to sell our house in Boston, MA and since it has some built in beer distribution, thought this the perfect place to post the info. If you'd like more info, please contact me.

For those interested, our real estate agent is having an open house this Sunday, 9/11/11, between 2PM and 3:30PM. The address is 83 Glen Rd, Boston, 02130. The Boston MLS # is 71236982.

Here is the good stuff:
-3 Beer taps in an antique china cabinet/hutch
-16 cubic foot chest freezer in basement, temperature controlled for beer distribution/storage. Couplings for 2 homebrew and 1 sanky style kegs. 5lb CO2 tank, regulator, 4 port CO2 manifold.
-Exclusive use rear patio, perfect for those brew days

BeerTaps.jpg

Hutch.jpg

freezer1.jpg

patio.jpg

Here are the standard need to know details:
-Listing price of $279,900
- ~900 square feet
-2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath, Dining Room, Living Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, & Basement Access (Common area)
-Exclusive use 1 car Garage
-Dead end street, feet from Franklin Park (walking paths, golf course, zoo)
-Dogs allowed by the home owner's association
-Front and rear porches
-All appliances roughly 3 years old. (Fridge, oven, microwave, laundry, boiler)
- Hard-Wood and Tile flooring
- Lots of natural light

front outside.jpg

Dining room3.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

Living room.jpg

Master.jpg

Bedroom2.jpg

I've got more photos if you're interested. Cheers!

I can't buy the house sorry, but let me know if you decide for some reason to get rid of the freezer/cornys/taps/tempcontroller cuz the buyers don't want them or whatever. I live in west roxbury by and might be interested in them.

Btw, which peak organic beer was that? I've only had their amber but it was absolutely delicious.

@HitTheTwit: You're absolutely right, there should be a picture. I don't have one to post, but i'll try to get one. Forgot to mention that the chest freezer has a 5lb CO2 tank, regulator, and 4 port CO2 manifold inside....

@zeekage: I plan to leave everything with the house, was hoping that i'll give us a leg up over the competition :). I'll be sure to keep you in mind if anything changes! The Peak Organic keg was their IPA, which is quite fantastic. If you haven't already tried it, i'd really recommend tasting their Hop Noir (Black IPA). Have you had a chance to hit up the Craft Beer Cellar in Belmont? What an incredible beer store.

Wow, thats what you can get for $280K in Boston..? That would twice as much with with no gear in NYC. To bad the baseball team there sucks or I might think about relocating. :D
Very nice place, good luck with the sale.

Holy smokes I'm around the corner on forest hills. Good luck on selling. Is it unit 3? If so your building looks like it will have many new faces? Are you staying in JP?

Wow, thats what you can get for $280K in Boston..? That would twice as much with with no gear in NYC. To bad the baseball team there sucks or I might think about relocating. :D

Or 3x that much in Washington DC (area dependent)!

If I lived in Boston/had money/etc I'd be all over it! Good luck with the sale!

runs4beer said:

Lol Make that
Wow, thats what you can get for $280K in Boston..? That would twice as much with with no gear in NYC. To bad the baseball AND football teams there sucks or I might think about relocating. :D

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I'll see what i can do about the sports teams. Does the suckage, from your perspective, include hockey and basketball? :mug:

Back on topic, i'd encourage those in big cities outside of Boston to make the move, look at the value!

Wow. I am not jealous of any of you east coasters. There is a benefit to living in the middle of the country. Way lower living costs!

I am jealous of how nice your home is, and it does seem like a good deal for where you live.

On a different note, I like your tap handles. Would you want to unload one?

Thanks! I'd really like to keep them where they are.

But they're super easy to make... I bought a short piece of banister (1.5" x 1.5" x 30") wood at home depot. Cut to length (8"?), softened the edges with sandpaper. Drilled a small hole in the bottom with a forstner bit and put a T-nut in there that matched the size of the faucet handle bolt. Sprayed with chalkboard paint. Twisted onto the faucet. Took less than an hour and cost less than $10 in supplies.

Just a reminder for those interested, our RE agent is having an open house today (9/11/11) from 2PM-3:30PM.

Back