I Need A Ten Gallon Spoon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryHill

Reaction score
Switching to ten gallon batches soon. I had a bookmark for a really long (48"?) stainless spoon from Superior Products, but it apparently isn't still carried.

I would prefer to still use a long spoon rather than a paddle, but I don't have another source-anybody know who still carries a kick-ass stainless spoon that is REAL LONG?

I'm not sure what you need the spoon for, but I found the long plastic one that I got with my original brewing kit is more than long enough for a 60 quart pot. I used a 40 quart pot today for a 5 gallon batch and I don't think it even went 2/3rds in the water.

Using keggles for 10 gallon batches of IPA's and stouts, and my plastic spoon is not gonna be satisfactory.

Restaurant supply houses can set you up with BIG hardware. Standard Restaurant Supply is my local store of choice in Tucson. Their web page only shows a portion of the vast catalog of items they have access to. Whenever I need something I just go down to the store and ask for it and they'll either have it in stock or be able to order it. I got my stainless steel brew spoon from there and its handle is about 24 inches long. They had even bigger ones in stock and I'm sure they could order some real monsters.

If you're in a metropolitan area then you'll have many restaurant supply shops to choose from.

Worst...video...ever...

Henry, I like a 5 gallon paint stirrer attached to an electric drill. At low speed, it breaks up all the dough balls without aeration.

Back