Hopping Pre Hopped Extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dotes

Reaction score
So I am about to brew a batch using Coopers Selection IPA. It says that is pre hopped. Would it be worth while to boil it for 15 minutes after the hot break with some hops for added aroma? Or will there be plenty of hops aroma and flavour already? Also how many grams of hops pellets would you use for a standard 5 gallon batch?

Thanks!

Never boil pre-hopped extracts for any length of time! It breaks down the hop profile. Not to mention darkening & all if boiled long enough. That one has flavor hops in it as I read on the cooper's forums. I forget the details though. I'd brew it straight up first time to see what it's like. Then add to that on the next batch.

like unionrdr said, its pre-hopped. Boiling or even heating that up a lot will just remove any hop flavor. You just want to warm that up a little so it's easy to pour into the water. Those Coopers cans are basically just a concentrated beer, add water to them, aerate, add yeast and let ferment

Back